What if......

azul

So I was browsing youtube of some of the usual stuff when I find a Star Alum 2010 video. Someone posted a comment saying "What if Cadets did Star's 93 show in 2013 like a 10 year tribute? Just a thought." And I thought something that a lot of us have been wishing to see. That team from SC that resembles them a lot does it instead. I mean, they have the staff to take that show there AND possibly get it its rightful place as a champion show and not a silver medalist.

One can dream right?

• Like 1

So I was browsing youtube of some of the usual stuff when I find a Star Alum 2010 video. Someone posted a comment saying "What if Cadets did Star's 93 show in 2013 like a 10 year tribute? Just a thought." And I thought something that a lot of us have been wishing to see. That team from SC that resembles them a lot does it instead. I mean, they have the staff to take that show there AND possibly get it its rightful place as a champion show and not a silver medalist.

One can dream right?

I think that sounds like a good idea. Especially for what happened in 93 where many people were angered that Star of Indiana didn't win (I think for some small reason). So, that sounds like something that could be a nice and thoughtful idea again, as a nice tribute to Star.

I'd doubt any top 12 corps would do a tribute show to another corps no matter how good the show was.

A lot of top 12 corps do tributes to themselves in a round a bout kind of way...... PR Nessun Dorma etc.

• Like 3

I'd doubt any top 12 corps would do a tribute show to another corps no matter how good the show was.

A lot of top 12 corps do tributes to themselves in a round a bout kind of way...... PR Nessun Dorma etc.

Well Surf did that this year and it did work for them BUT IMO the only reason it did was because it was a fun choice and very different from anyting else presented today. This worked for them to BE NOTICED in an area that doesnt get alot of attention. This made it work all the more. Tribute or anniversay shows dont always work for many corps mainly because noone really cares except the people involved, even then sometimes their own members, ( although made to know the history ) cant connect to 30 or 50 years ago and many don't want to.

There are a few corps with huge personalities of the past that will evoke some applause or nostaglia that it could work for by doing it themselves ( example SCV bottle dance ) in small snippets but I for one as an instructor now would t take that chance to do another corps. JMO

• Like 1

I liked Surf's show...not because it was a tribute, but because it was a fun show. I don't know anything about the Bridgemen so that part was lost on me.

I think the same would hold true for me if any other corps did a tribute show...whether to themselves or to another corps. What would matter to me is if it was a good show and a good performance.

I think it's nice being historically ignorant.

• Like 2

I would love to see that show live done by a corp that could pull it off. A 20th year tribute.

It would still put me to sleep - until the synthesizers started! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Checking calendar to see if I missed all of September and the six months that followed and woke up on the first day of April.

• Like 1