Just a Thought....

What makes you think they are not? Ensemble and Effect take into account all of the music presented, which would include electronic instruments.

Exactly. If there are balance issues today or electronic sounds that do not work, it is a negative in ensemble and effect.

What makes you think they are not? Ensemble and Effect take into account all of the music presented, which would include electronic instruments.

I don't believe the current structure of the sheets does enough. Point in case, almost every single corps that starts the season with electronic created balance issues, finishes the season with electronic created balance issues.

And for this reason, the degree to which they enhance or detract should be reflected directly on the sheets. It's time to start holding corps accountable for the disasters created by electronics, and rewarding for when they work well.

Bozz... what makes you think they're not? Have you been to a critique lately?

:cool:

Chuck

This makes DCI sound like a victim of the times and it had no choice. There was a choice. They chose this path.

Would fans leave if electronics were no longer legal?

No... there is most definitely a choice... and the choice that's been made is to maintain connection to the world as it is, not as it was.

As in any era, there are crowd favorites, anti-heroes, those who do it really well, and those who don't.

Only fans can answer your question about leaving or staying... neither you or I know enough to be relevant to the conversation.

best,

Chuck

• Like 1

I read in a post a while back that the sound engineer used during a show can be over 21 and that's why the electronics or rather the mixing isn't judged....???

I'm sure somebody will correct me if that's not the case.

Fixed! Like with all things DCI...you can please some of the fans all of the time, and all of the fans some of the time.... but you can never please the frickin' Dinos! :tongue:

NOTE: Kiss a Dino today.....without them there would be no yesterday (or a DCI for that matter).

LOL silly me, it was suppose to say..."is this the way?"

I don't know what the chances are of getting rid of these things, but if my understanding is correct, DCI isn't some separate entity that dictates to the Corps. DCI IS the Corps. Do the Corps want to get rid of these things?

I also wonder what justification you have for your contention that "this is the way".

Anyway, my personal view: The electronics are okay. I like themes.

I am a dino,(fan since 62, marched 69-75 jr. amd sr.) several corps this year, with amps, electronics, and taped narration, were extremley enjoyable. Some were IMO dreadful. Don't put us all in the same basket!!

Bozz... what makes you think they're not? Have you been to a critique lately?

:cool:

Chuck

It's been quite a while Chuck. :satisfied:

My opinion (which of course is only that) is based on the notion that it seems the problems corps have related to electronics never seem to get fixed, which leads me to believe there are little to no consequences from a scoring standpoint related to electronic related problems. However, I was wrong that one time.... :tongue:

Just asking the question! I actually like it when done correctly! BUT I wanted to ask the question because I can. It's a question and NOT going after DCI. I LIKE THE PRODUCT!!!!