Alumni Spectacular Review

They are still active and just did some shows in Ontario including the Scout House show. The brass line is a powerhouse (40 plus in the line ). Im hearing rumor that they cant do the Alumni Spectacular due to having an electronic keyboard, electric guitar and a vocalist in the pit. Im not sure how true that is but that is whats out there. They are very entertaining again this year.

There are no rules regarding electronics with the Alumni Spectacular. Bridgemen used an amp the 1st year.

There are no rules regarding electronics with the Alumni Spectacular. Bridgemen used an amp the 1st year.

And Hanover had singing this year......

This brings up an interesting question (to me anyway)... Other than those that appeared in Annapolis, are there any other alumni corps out there performing at a level sufficient to participate in the Alumni Spectacular?

A few come to mind... Boston Crusaders (missed them this year)... Defenders... the aforementioned Diplomates... Steel City Ambassadors... St. Kevin's...

The Defenders were incredible at the Plymouth show last year. :thumbup:

• Like 1

PS The Brassmen are pretty daggone good too..... :worthy:

You're right about the Brassmen; they had slipped my mind. Another corps that comes to mind is the Manchester (NH) Muchachos. I saw them a couple of years ago in Kingston - the night the show ended in a downpour.

PS The Brassmen are pretty daggone good too..... :worthy:

IMO, I wish they would enter the mini-corps show some year.

If they fielded the full complement of the horses they have in that horn line and drum line, they could do some damage there. :thumbup:

By the way Cathie, I hope that in no way I was coming across as anything other than thankful for your review! :)

:thumbup:

Gosh no. It's all good. :tongue:

• Like 1