Scouts safely home!

Hi all,

There'll probably be an official article from the corps in the next couple of days bout the tour as a whole. But we're all back in the UK safe and sound.

On a personal level as a member I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to every single person involved with the tour. From the staff to the fans in the crowd everyone has had an impact to the success of our tour.

We've been lucky to have some exceptional staff on tour with us and they have gave up their free time and the work they have done with us was remarkable. We're so lucky to have people who want to invest into us and this will never be forgotten. Tom Peashey also deserves a mention for the hard work he put into helping the corps. It'll be nice to see him again when he joins us for DCE in Holland!

Also a huge thanks to everyone in the crowds. The reaction we got was spine tingling, I had goosebumps all over! As a performer my number one box is that the audience are pleased and I hope that we achieved that. It was also great to have people approach us whilst around the stadium, everyone was extremely friendly and it was an honour to perform in front of one of the best crowds I have ever seen.

A big shout out to The Hurricanes who we had the pleasure of sharing our hotel with. They organised room on their coaches to transport some of our members which I got to experience after prelims. They are a great bunch, they should be very proud of their production and I wish them the very best for the future.

As I sit and write this it is hard to take in that the tour is over. It feels like the season is over, however the show must go on as we have just under a month left to go!

Thanks once again to everyone,

Sam Catcliffe

• Like 5

I have been to many DCI shows over the last 30 years, this was my first DCA show. It was a 9 hour round trip for me to Annapolis--Had Kidsgrove been the only corps I saw it would have been well worth the trip. Great show, great performance. Thank you for making the trip, you were the fan's favorite.

Scott Smith

Roanoke, VA

• Like 3

Thanks Sam... can't wait to rejoin you on the 21st at Friday night rehearsal before DCUK Mansfield...

My biggest contribution was hooking you up with my son-in-law Teddy Mascari... he helped your drum line improve by leaps and bounds... it was amazing to watch the improvement every day...

Big shout out to that 3rd place color guard... flat out amazing performance...

and brass? What can I say... LOUD IS GOOD - but loud with amazing intonation, control and tremendous blend... THAT is special...

Finally, John Swindells - 60 years with one drum corps is beyond special and then there's Rob Swindells. It didn't take long to figure out who the "heart" of the corps is... Great Visual Designer, Rock solid Drum Major, a born teacher and leader... Two lessor directors and the world would not know how good the Kidsgrove Scouts really are...

• Like 2

It's been great having Teddy on tour, if you ever felt down you could always guarantee that he would be able to make you smile again and again and again. He's full of laughter, love it!

Rob & John do a sterling job and no one would ever be able to question that. I think I could speak for everyone when I say that we owe them so much more than what we could give them back.

I have been to many DCI shows over the last 30 years, this was my first DCA show. It was a 9 hour round trip for me to Annapolis--Had Kidsgrove been the only corps I saw it would have been well worth the trip. Great show, great performance. Thank you for making the trip, you were the fan's favorite.

Scott Smith

Roanoke, VA

100% agree. Thanks for coming and can't wait to see you again!

Bryan

• Like 1

You guys make drum corps fun!!!

Very nice job.

I told you guys that water had magic in it. :rock:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, still got a buzz from everyones reaction. As I have said it was an honour to play to that crowd.

I got to see you guys both nights, loved the show and you definitely "brought it". Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Edited by Fastone
  • Like 1