Buccaneers are a real class act

They truly are!

The stories I heard about them last year and what I got to experience this year are incredible. The flood of Facebook posts to each others corps pages was really cool to see.

When we went over to shake hands after scores, several of them didn't think it was good enough and started giving us hugs instead! These guys are a great group of people and its a shame that our corps don't get to spend more time together!

Congrats Bucs! Cant wait to see you all again next season! :thumbup:

• Like 7

Well done Capt. Bill and the Reading Buccaneer Honor Guard!!!

To Gary and our Empire Brothers & Sisters:

It was an honor, pleasure and appropriate to salute you for your well deserved Honor Guard Trophy at World Championships. Although we compete against each other each weekend, we sincerely value your friendships both on and off the field. To that end, I believe we all do this for the love of the activity and more importantly; the lifelong friendships rather than that medal or trophy. Moreover, it is our privilege to share the same field with you. You and the Statesmen are first class all the time!

In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you all next year again, or hopefully sooner! Congratulations to all of you on your well earned award. We love you guys!

Dave Faust

The Bucs

Edited by dafepd

Thanks Gary....missed you also very much this season...always good to see you and the Empire Statesmen Honor Guard.....like Dave said, you folks are a class act both on and off the field....hope our paths cross in the future. Congrats to you and your guard!!

I witnessed this as I was leaving the field after retreat. And even though I didn't notice who came to who (whom?? :blink: ), I thought it was a very nice thing to do. And dafepd said, even though we all compete against each other every weekend (which is part of the fun, for me at least), it's also nice to honor each corps, the hard work that each member puts into the season, and more importantly the friendships we develope over the summer. :thumbup:

And I congratulate all corps and their members on another successful season. :smile:

GARY IT WAS A GREAT FEELING TO GET YOUR NOTE. WE WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL AND I,M GLAD ALL OF YOU WERE PLEASED. WE DON`T OFTEN GET TO KNOW PEOPLE FROM ANOTHER CORPS AND RESPECT THEM AS WE DO YOU AND YOUR GUARD. HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE AT A FEW MORE CONTESTS WITH YOUR CORPS NEXT YEAR AND MAYBE IN READING. THANKS AGAIN BILL