The Bushwackers need your assistance

I belong to an alumni Wind Ensemble at Rutgers University. Last spring, representatives from the Bushwackers did a recruiting presentation during one of our rehearsal breaks. A lot of members who are band directors were there to hear about them. They also set up a table in the lobby where the RU student Brass Band was having a concert. A lot of Rutgers and local HS students in attendance found out who they were. So I can testify that they are actively recruiting.

I just donated a little via Paypal. A friend of mine on FB said they are halfway to their goal. His kids are in their kids guard and drum groups.

• Like 3

Well, it did look like Bush had more members this year than last ... actually, the last 2 seasons, so that is a plus.

Yeah, I've never seen the Bushwackers live, but havie just watched them for the first time on the 2011 Finals DVD (in exhibition for them). Comparing their numbers there (43) to what BigW reports in his Downington review (50), I see a 16% increase in size this year. And a small increase in score. If they can get past this particular hurdle (to which I end, I just wrote my check), I could imagine their situation improving significantly.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 5

Does anyone know if the Bushwackers have met their goal yet? I sure hope so! :thumbup:

• Like 2

As of yesterday, half way through!

• Like 1

16. Even if I receive a lump sum payment, I am still on the hook for thousands of dollars of interest, because the principal amount is at the ceiling for this type of a "Special Civil Part" court case.

Respectfully submitted,

David Kapp

Are y'all who are collecting money for the Bushwhackers going to rectify this, or is David just going to take the bullet while y'all just save them there horns for Bush?

• Like 1

Excellent. Congratulations. You were the "prod which brought it to the surface." We've now been reading about this for pages and pages, long enough so that I feel we may all be able to reach our own decisions on whether or not to contribute. So tell me now, why do you still feel the self-aggrandizing need to continue on this epic crusade of pointing fingers coupled with oh-so-valuable perspective on the corps' lack of foresight and management? Do you feel so important as to think that your voice is helping anybody from either end of the spectrum, or do you just enjoy spitting vitriol on the interwebs any chance you get?

This is coming from someone with no ties whatsoever to either side. I've never even seen the Bushwackers. I just don't understand the self-importance you're putting off in this thread when in reality, your dozens of posts contribute essentially as much as this lone post of mine: nothing.

Team Stu, Drum Corps Police!

:spitting:

• Like 2

It seems to me we have a drum corps in trouble here. We're all here on DCP because we like drum corps. It would seem the logical response would be to donate or shut up already.

I LOVE DRUM CORPS! 35 years since I watched my first DCI Finals

and many DCI and DCA shows later, I still do!

Just contributed.......

• Like 4