Kidsgrove Scouts 2012 DCUK Champs!

trmdrum

The Kidsgrove Scouts were crowned 2012 DCUK Champs over this past weekend by .15 over The Company. Finals was the first time they have beaten The Company all season.

Taking home the awards for High Guard, High Brass, and High effect!

To say that I am proud of them is an understatement. I just wish I could have been there to see it live. I had such a great experience working with this group both in UK and in US. Congrats team, now its time for DCE.

Good skill,

Teddy

• Like 6

The Kidsgrove Scouts were crowned 2012 DCUK Champs over this past weekend by .15 over The Company. Finals was the first time they have beaten The Company all season.

Taking home the awards for High Guard, High Brass, and High effect!

To say that I am proud of them is an understatement. I just wish I could have been there to see it live. I had such a great experience working with this group both in UK and in US. Congrats team, now its time for DCE.

Good skill,

Teddy

The .15 down in drums to the marvelous Company drum machine was a huge part of the championship. I can't tell you the job these guys did in finals. Afternoon was about the same as DCA but at night? Some one lit a fire and the normally "staid" British crowd went nuts... I couldn't believe what I was watching... it was throw the babies on the field time...

Nothing should be taken away from The Company... I'll discuss this in the future because it's the worst case of apple and orange comparison I've ever seen in the activity... they are freakin' amazing in so many ways... they could be the prototype of a whole new activity...

BUT... based on the performances Saturday night and knowing what drum corps is... the right corps won...

Watch for my review in Drum Corps World... and Teddy... Your Gold Medal will be home on Oct. 3rd... right now Freddie Farkle is wearing it...

Miss you all... having a wonderful time in Rome, Italy today... was at the Vatican today but the Pope wasn't available... thank God for Roma weather... 80 and wonderful... did I mention that Mansfield Saturday night was COLD... no not just cold... it was D....A.....M....N Cold... I've judged band shows in snow storms and not been that cold... sturdy breed these Brits are... Thanks to Alan Thompson and everyone from DCUK for their amazing hospitality... off to Germany on Wednesday and then on to Kerksrade The Netherlands on Saturday for the DCE championships...

Big thanks to my buddy Joe Siracuse - who has been an amazing babysitter...

• Like 2

Like Tom said, the crowd was unbelievable. If you closed your eyes you'd think there were thousands there!

Great weekend, onto Holland we go.