Cavaliers 2013

Via Facebook:

"We're finishing up a GREAT 2-day design team meeting here in Rosemont -- The Cavaliers' 2013 repertoire will include the following:

- Drum Music/Concerto for Percussion by John Mackey

- Enterprising Young Men by Michael Giacchino

- Ballet Sacra by David Holsinger

Looking forward to sharing more about our 2013 production with the CAVALIER NATION -- Stay tuned!"

• Like 6

Great selections. Tons of notes with tons of potential, and sounds like a cavies rep. The team from rosemont is not messing around, they've done an amazing job this off season. You Definitly get the vibe they want their members, FMM, and supporters to know last summer was a fluke. I'm very optimistic with this announcement, if you're not familiar, go listen. These pieces have great drum corps written all over them.

• Like 4

Last years music was promising as individual pieces but was hard to mesh the old and new as a complete package, that's one of the reasons the show seemed disjointed. With the 2013 rep u can already hear the possibilities of a complete package.

And really? Already a negative comparison to last year lincolnv? Unbelievable.

• Like 2

- "Enterprising Young Men" by Michael Giacchino

Well, I was about to ask: is this the first drum corps use of Star Trek music since Blue Knights 1993? A quick look at CorpsReps shows that notion is in error. Two corps even performed Trek music this year -- and one of them, 7th Regiment, played this very piece. I don't remember it at all, though I saw Open Class finals. A quick listen to a soundtrack excerpt on youtube suggests it's a dull piece, but I expect that Cavs can make something interesting from it.

I merely stated a fact. Last year when Cavies announced their music many people were excited. Were you excited at this time last year?

Not really, this announcement is good. "Light Years" better than last year!

• Like 2