2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

WOW!!! I proposed amplification the last 5 rules congresses I attended as a DCA director and got laughed out of the room, Go figure.

I STILL cant believe I got Bb brass allowed in 2003, Whats next?, Lighting?

Jaybo

• Like 2

Hmmm sounds like another round of the Hatfields and McCoys to me.:devil:/>

Sorry Sam Dream has been looking in to switching to B Flat for a couple of years... It's the cost and raising $$$ for it..

Plus it gives us 2 years to add amps for the pit...

I can also see a certain # of corps who will not add amps...if SoCal Dream hasn't moved from G by now, they certainly won't add amps (just my opinion on that). But Empire & Bucs? Sure.

As I said on there facebook post I never had a problem hearing the pit ... why amp them ... But I'm not the judge, and they know what they are doing.

You can hear us because we're playing up to our ears. This will finally allow us to play with the musical touch required for today's pit books, prevent unnecessary damage to our instruments (and our bodies), and have a much wider range of possibilities with percussion sounds that DCI has been able to achieve since they added mics (but have sadly moved away from with the use of synths...). They went just as far as I hoped they would.

Edited by Tyler C.
  • Like 6

It is just the pit, not like we are going to have electric guitars and crazy sounds coming through them. At least not yet. If you dont like it.... get your fill of DCA in 2013. Thats my advice.

• Like 1

You can hear us because we're playing up to our ears. This will finally allow us to play with the musical touch required for today's pit books, prevent unnecessary damage to our instruments, and have a much wider range of possibilities with percussion sounds that DCI has been able to achieve since they added mics (but have sadly moved away from with the use of synths...). They went just as far as I hoped they would.

well I'm a brass member at heart .. tongue.gif

Edited by fishstick41

Oh well amps in pits... *shrug*..... now question remains how amps affected scoring for the DCI pits... I can see Class A and some Opens not using because of the cost and the larger Opens using because they can afford or find amps to use.

As long as the judges don't have the "they have amps they should get a better score" mind set *shrug*....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1