Hey guys, I'm Nick!

Color guard fanatic, spinner in heart and soul. Aged out of DCI before I got good enough at music or guard to join...

Played Tuba for 4 years in high school.

Baritone for 6.

Flute for 8.

Piano for 3

And more that aren't long enough to matter. Haha. I just wanted to put my salutations out to the crowd, and hopefully get to know some of you DCP people.

=]

Nick

EDIT: Forgot to add 4 years spinning flag, self taught rifle and sabre spinner both 2 years. =]

Edited by Nick Toland
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nick

You came here Dec.18th..... but you're supposed to arrive Christmas Eve, St. Nick.. but thats ok, you are always welcome, just knock on the front door next year, as we saw you struggling up on the roof looking for the chimney, but the landlord here hasn't put one in yet. Welcome St. Nick !

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry! I wanted to make sure all of the DCI/WGI people got their stuff first! :)

jeez... and I was more nice than naughty this past year too... oh well.

Welcome Nick, more the merrier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to do DCA. I know the Kilties are from Racine Wisconsin, and then theres Windy City Legion. I'm much closer to Windy City, but I'm not sure if they're active... I am on the mailing list, haven't heard anything recently. Any one know? I'd love to audition! Still unsure.

I would love to do DCA. I know the Kilties are from Racine Wisconsin, and then theres Windy City Legion. I'm much closer to Windy City, but I'm not sure if they're active... I am on the mailing list, haven't heard anything recently. Any one know? I'd love to audition! Still unsure.

Welcome Nick,

Check out this site, looks like they're active if those dates are 2013 for winter rehearsals.

http://windycitylegion.yolasite.com/

Unfortunately those were last years dates... :( I'm constantly checking that website for updates. But they're a "weekend only" corps. And all dates listed were weekends last year, so I think I'm sol...

Unfortunately those were last years dates... :( I'm constantly checking that website for updates. But they're a "weekend only" corps. And all dates listed were weekends last year, so I think I'm sol...

Nick, if the Kilties are an option, I'm sure you would like the experience. They are a great organization with a storied history of excellence and I'm sure they would welcome you. These days, a lot of things with the commitment can be worked out. Many travel far to rehearsal and there's car pools and folks you could stay with I'm sure.

Good luck with the search.