Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

THIS is what I've been wanting from SCV for years now. The music is incredible, and the brass FINALLY has some power back! :worthy:

I think I'm going to dig the extended pit feature. It's not often (if ever) in 2013 that you get close to a minute with no brass or battery.

Z

Agreed. This show has everything. It's loud, fast and slow at beautiful just enough. I love the brass runs in Rue Plument.

• Like 1

THIS is what I've been wanting from SCV for years now. The music is incredible, and the brass FINALLY has some power back! worthy.gif

This is a brilliant brass arrangement for sure. 7:16 to 7:27 is off the hook.

• Like 1

The one thing that is stuck in my head after listening to it a few hours ago is the soloist/duet at the beginning of I Dreamed a Dream/One Day More. SO GORGEOUS, and the build up to the big hit in that section is just to die for. I'm bringing my babies to throw in San Antonio. Haven't heard a brass section this glorious and powerful from them since at least Scheherazade. This is going to be epic!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Musically this show has a lot of potential and to build upon. Brass is very 2004 like.

• Like 1

The SCV You tube peeps are quick to snipe these pre-season videos! I can't say I blame them for wanting to protect their product, but man I would have loved to see it first :)

Real shame....

You know SCV put a ton of video/audio clips of show music out for the general public to enjoy during the off-season leading in to the 2004 season. You know what the fallout was.... svc 2004 was the fan favorite on finals night in Denver.....

Real shame....

You know SCV put a ton of video/audio clips of show music out for the general public to enjoy during the off-season leading in to the 2004 season. You know what the fallout was.... svc 2004 was the fan favorite on finals night in Denver.....

Oh, this show will absolutely be one of the fan favorites this season. I've listened to it at least 10 times today. It is just awesome. Will absolutely be one of my favorite shows this year.

Oh, this show will absolutely be one of the fan favorites this season. I've listened to it at least 10 times today. It is just awesome. Will absolutely be one of my favorite shows this year.

I can't wait to see the visual side of things, the musical side is obviously in a good place right now. Pete Weber has always written fantastic drill, and with this kind of show, I don't see how the guard couldn't be emotion filled and beautiful in terms of emotional expression, choreography, and work. So excited.

I can't wait to see the visual side of things, the musical side is obviously in a good place right now. Pete Weber has always written fantastic drill, and with this kind of show, I don't see how the guard couldn't be emotion filled and beautiful in terms of emotional expression, choreography, and work. So excited.

I hope you are right. The musical components of this show are absolutely running on all cylinders. If the visual is up to par and they can clean, we may have a contender here. I don't know much about percussion, but it sounds like they've got a mighty fine line, and this may be the best Vanguard brassline in over a decade. I realize it's a standstill, so we will see how it all sounds and looks when it's on the field, but I don't think it's possible to be more impressed with a preseason standstill recording than I am with this. I cannot WAIT to get the ADP, and I cannot wait to see how this sounds finals night.

Edited by Lannister1

So glad I'm making the trek from SoCal to see them at Clovis, Stanford and Sac Town since they won't be appearing down here this summer.