*** RENEGADES launch 2013 Evil Uniform Campaign ****

Wait, so you just got new uniforms 4 years ago and now want to go BACK to the old style ones?

and to quote the campaign page: "proceeds will be spent on new (badly needed) uniforms"

How can that be after only a few seasons?

money_down_toilet-2.jpg

• Like 3

They've been very clear right along that they are trying to resurrect the corps' former image. That includes the uniform.

• Like 4

I want to give my support, but how can you call it badly needed when it's not. You just want new (old) uniforms. I'd rather just see that than read it's badly needed.

Please don't misinterpret, I'm not saying people shouldn't donate because it will help the Renegades raise cash which is always a good thing for drum corps. Just making an observation.

• Like 2

They've been very clear right along that they are trying to resurrect the corps' former image. That includes the uniform.

I get that but like Kyle B said, its worded... poorly. I see "badly needed" as current uniforms are falling apart and are beyond repair. If the corps sees that dropping $$$ to replace perfectly good uniforms is in the budget and fundraising efforts, more power to them. Just dont try to play the pity card.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 2

Earlier I posted a comment when I saw on the fundraiser page that funds could essentially be used for whatever the organization wanted. I thought that was on odd disclaimer for a group the seemed to be requesting funds for a specific purpose and used my outside voice (typing fingers) to state my opinion that perhaps not all was as it seemed. I have since been informed that in fact, it is NOT the Renegades, but their fundraising group, Indiegogo, that puts that disclaimer on all of their fundraising pages. I stand corrected. As a former member, I have no ill will towards the Renegades or my friends that remain there long after I have ceased to be involved with the organization, and have even contemplated a return to them this summer, (as I have heard this summer's guard show will be GREAT) but will have to wait and see if that pans out for me this year. Regardless, wish the Renegades the best.

Edited by Guard Diva
  • Like 7

Or for tax purposes - if you specify that a gift be used for a specific purpose (or to support a particular person in a corps) under IRS rules, it cannot be considered a tax-deductible donation. By donating to the uniform fund, but not saying the donation is specifically for the uniform fund, you can claim the donation.

And then there's this: "All contributions are considered unrestricted gifts and can't be specified for any particular purpose." Sounds like someone just wants help getting to europe.

So glad to know DCP hasn't lost it's appeal to those that love to nitpick things to death. While we're at it, I'd like to discuss the font that was used in their announcement. A bit "in your face" if you ask me. I mean....really....if you're gonna be askin' for bucks.....((rolling my eyes)) :doh:

• Like 3

So glad to know DCP hasn't lost it's appeal to those that love to nitpick things to death. While we're at it, I'd like to discuss the font that was used in their announcement. A bit "in your face" if you ask me. I mean....really....if you're gonna be askin' for bucks.....((rolling my eyes)) :doh:/>

Oh Please....Ryan....you've been around long enough to know when it comes to the Renegades..... if they found the cure for cancer, they'd be criticized for not doing it quick enough.

Good to see nothing's changed.

Same as it ever was

Same as it ever was

Same

as

it

ever

was.....

• Like 4

Hello everyone. Welcome to the latest fun.

Please note -- I am speaking on behalf of the Renegades Board of Directors. I am also speaking as a producer who launched this fundraiser, and also as the person who actually wrote the descriptions of awards.

So, this is first-hand information.

it is unfortunate that some would make hurtful and accusatory statements about a nonprofit's fundraiser without trying to get the correct the information from the organization first.

If anyone feels so inclined to get accurate information, please drop me an email or call me, I would be happy to chat and explain anything to you. Interestingly enough, the last three times I reached out to people who questioned or attacked the Renegades and offered to explain things -- I did not receive a response. So, please know that other than one former percussion instructor who crossed the line x 7,000 in an attempt to hurt the organization, my door remains open.

To be clear, and I state this as President of the Board and an attorney -- each and every dollar raised from this Indiegogo campaign is earmarked for new uniforms and will be used for no other purpose.

The disclaimer at the top of the page came from Indiegogo, as they do with all campaigns launched by third parties (here, the board of directors) to benefit a nonprofit organization. There is no conspiracy, no secret financial plans to use the money for European travel or anything else. If you doubt this, I will be happy to show you the financial records when the purchase is made.

Further, as the drafter of all text on the Indiegogo page, my apologies to anyone who was under the misimpression that the two word choice of "badly needed" was a play of the sympathy card. Frankly, if you don't have sympathy for the Renegades after the corps pragmatically folded after DCA, those two words won't change your mind at this point. However, please know that I wrote those two words because - in the unanimous opinion of our design team -- the return to Evil uniforms IS badly needed from a design standpoint. Are the uniforms from last year falling part? No. They just don't fit the Renegades image that the design team has chosen for the Renegades moving forward, and we will not be deviating from a return to the black trench coats once they are back. To avoid further confusion, I will delete the words "badly needed" from Indiegogo.

What now? We are working very hard to bring the Renegades back to the stature they reached before, and then some. We have a dynamite staff and dynamite show, and the chaos starts on January 26. Many great staff members from the past have either stepped up their role considerably (i.e., Dave Glyde and John Meehan) or have returned after an absence of many years (i.e., Ed Teleky,Kevin Murray, me etc.). And believe it or not, we're hyped and having fun.

My friends, if you hate the Renegades, are happy the corps got banned from DCA, or don't want to help the nonprofit raise so much as a dime, that's perfectly fine, we respect your opinion. But please have the common decency and respect for the drum and bugle activity to let the Renegades corps succeed or fail on its own terms. There is no reason to throw rocks at a corps just because you're not part of it anymore, you are unhappy with the creative direction, or it doesn't come to your show. Drum corps is a family, and should be treated as such. This thread ... ain't it.

Sincerely,

Lee Rudnicki, Esq.

President, Renegades Board of Directors

• Like 7