G7 Update

I don't know about you but I'm waiting for the first G7 World Championships. Would prelims cut the field to the top 6? How about semi-finals to the top 4? Can you feel the drama building? Can you hardly wait for a finals week (or is it day)like this? Is this how it might be AFTER the same 7 corps tour all summer, making the results even more predictable than they are now? (Of course, this assumes that a G7 tour would even have judging and not be just an exhibition tour.) I, and I hope you, sincerely hope our activity never comes to anything approaching, what at least for now, are just a bunch of facetious possibilities.

Indeed. How exciting. I'm way more likely to attend a non-G7 DCI event than a G7 event.

• Like 1

Did anyone realize that this OP published a private e-mail without the consent of whoever sent it? Are we okay about private emails being releases and posted on DCP?

And why is it that all this information about G7 come from leaked sources... even if you hate G7 that doesn't seem right... And does it violate DCP terms of use?

• Like 1

Did anyone realize that this OP published a private e-mail without the consent of whoever sent it? Are we okay about private emails being releases and posted on DCP?

And why is it that all this information about G7 come from leaked sources... even if you hate G7 that doesn't seem right... And does it violate DCP terms of use?

This was discussed early on in the thread.

Bottom line: it's fine, else it would be gone.

• Like 1

I don't know about you but I'm waiting for the first G7 World Championships. Would prelims cut the field to the top 6? How about semi-finals to the top 4?

Well, if they did this format, and to be consistent, might they deny voting privileges to " the non finalists " as they have with their current DCI proposal ?

So many questions, so little time.

My guess, with so few Corps, everyone gets a free " Go Pass " to " Finals.

Edited by BRASSO

Good to know that the public is now Privy to GH's private email...

The DCI staff member should be reprimanded IMO

yeah. And while we're at it, let's punish Mark Felt for leaking Watergate info to Woodward and Bernstein.

Good to know that the public is now Privy to GH's private email...

The DCI staff member should be reprimanded IMO

It would depend on what the expectation of privacy was. ECPA applies primarily to personal communications, so doubtful that anything illegal has happened with this. As has been clearly stated, this was not a personal note. This was an official letter (in electronic form) representing a faction within DCI. I doubt they would have any legally defensible expectation of privacy.

Edited by Tekneek
  • Like 1

And why is it that all this information about G7 come from leaked sources... even if you hate G7 that doesn't seem right...

Why should I care whether the info came from (shudder) "leaked sources"? It's been confirmed as genuine, and it obviously is a worthy topic of discussion on a drum corps message board.

Maybe you should be asking why a coalition within a marching band circuit needs to conduct its business with secrecy worthy of a three letter agency? Or why insiders are so motivated to leak the stuff? Sunlight is the best disinfectant, as they say.

• Like 1