New DCI Board of Directors elected

A 4-4 tie with one more to be elected.

Yes.

I assume the by-laws were not changed to give the board full power? Meaning that if the TBA fifth non-affiliated member votes with the four SE7EN members to pass something like the 2010 G-7 proposal for 2014, e.g., no Friday/Sunday shows for anybody but SE7EN, that the full membership can do just what they did in 2010 and convene an emergency session to change the board again--if they choose to?

• Like 2

I assume the by-laws were not changed to give the board full power? Meaning that if the TBA fifth non-affiliated member votes with the four SE7EN members to pass something like the 2010 G-7 proposal for 2014, e.g., no Friday/Sunday shows for anybody but SE7EN, that the full membership can do just what they did in 2010 and convene an emergency session to change the board again--if they choose to?

Good point. One would assume that the recall provision is still available if they have not voted to change the DCI by laws. If so, those that have voting rights can still do an emergency meeting for a recall vote if they feel it is neccessary it would appear. This is one reason why sticking firm on not stripping away some Corps current voting rights was essential to maintain.... and from initial appearances, has been maintained.

Edited by BRASSO

I believe the election of this new board represents that a clear winner did come out of the Indianapolis meeting...

Drum corps.

• Like 3

Good structure for the board. This should very effectively represent the interests of the broad spectrum of corps involved in the activity. Between the regular circuit, the G7 shows, and the new Drum Line Battle and Soundsport activities this should be a summer filled with experimentation. Maybe some interesting things will come out of this.

OK. I'll ask the "glass is half empty" questions.

Who selects the ninth, non-director member of the Board?

If the answer to the above is the 8 elected Board members, what deadlock provisions are in place to resolve a 4/4 split as to that decision, or any others for that matter (until said 9th member is named)?

Sorry - not convinced that this is good news. Desperately want good news, but need more details.

OK. I'll ask the "glass is half empty" questions.

Who selects the ninth, non-director member of the Board?

If the answer to the above is the 8 elected Board members, what deadlock provisions are in place to resolve a 4/4 split as to that decision, or any others for that matter (until said 9th member is named)?

Sorry - not convinced that this is good news. Desperately want good news, but need more details.

Keep in mind that the original G7 proposal from 2 years ago wanted to give TWO votes at DCI meetings to their own G7 group and strip away votes from others that currently have them. That was voted down. Then this year, the G7 proposed that only the TOP 12 at Finals would have a vote. I assume that this weekend that this was voted down as well ( since as we can see, a non Finalist Corps Director was voted onto the new BOD ) But knows, we'll just have to wait and see for certain on this too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1