DCA 2013 Summer Schedule

I'm really looking forward to visiting and competing in Downingtown this July! I suspect the rehearsal schedule may prevent it, but I'd love to see the rehearsal home of the Buc's while I'm there.

Well, Buc Field is about 45 minutes away from Downingtown High School.

To those who are already discrediting this... PLEASE... will you show:

1. Patience

2. Gratitude

First, In my days prior to my retirement, I fought for years - unsuccessfully - to release this preliminary list as soon as practical... I commend those involved for doing it now... we all should realize it's preliminary... and without asking anyone, you can see that this fact is obvious... it looks like the list of only those corps that are under contract to those sponsors at this time... there are HOLES to fill in...

Second, I'm guessing this is a list that each director will now use to try and fill in a schedule that will work for his corps and fit into his budget...

Any list of DCA shows and the corps in them is always preliminary until the final draw meeting in April. a good two months or more off...

DCA is the corps... DCA does NOT tell corps where they will compete and the sponsor still has a large say in what corps will appear... consequently, 3 way negotiations (between DCA, Corps Directors/Business Managers, sponsors) are time-consuming...

I congratulate DCA for releasing this preliminary information in a timely manner... well done...

• Like 4

OK !

Thank You, Mr Harper & Carolina Gold.

Thank You Tom P.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

To those who are already discrediting this... PLEASE... will you show:

1. Patience

2. Gratitude

First, In my days prior to my retirement, I fought for years - unsuccessfully - to release this preliminary list as soon as practical... I commend those involved for doing it now... we all should realize it's preliminary... and without asking anyone, you can see that this fact is obvious... it looks like the list of only those corps that are under contract to those sponsors at this time... there are HOLES to fill in...

Second, I'm guessing this is a list that each director will now use to try and fill in a schedule that will work for his corps and fit into his budget...

Any list of DCA shows and the corps in them is always preliminary until the final draw meeting in April. a good two months or more off...

DCA is the corps... DCA does NOT tell corps where they will compete and the sponsor still has a large say in what corps will appear... consequently, 3 way negotiations (between DCA, Corps Directors/Business Managers, sponsors) are time-consuming...

I congratulate DCA for releasing this preliminary information in a timely manner... well done...

how dare you ask for patience or a thank you. next you'll ask Don to wait patiently for scores on a Saturday night

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

how dare you ask for patience or a thank you. next you'll ask Don to wait patiently for scores on a Saturday night

:tongue:/>/>

lol Donnie NEVER waits patiently... comes from being stuck in Ft. Myers...

Dear Amy Snook....i await my mailing info please.

thank you

Jeff:

You're on my mailing list, so jump on it when you receive the postcard. I urge others to buy their tickets early rather than waiting until the day of the show, so you're not left standing outside the gate.

I've been trying to entice Minnesota Brass to come to a Buccaneer show for three years, and this year it worked out for both corps. We are very much looking forward to having them compete at the Downingtown Classic.

Bucs usually give up their normal rehearsal space at their home show, you might be MARCHING on the field they practice on. :)

As the person who schedules fields for corps competing at Big Sounds in Motion, the Buccaneers have rehearsed at Buc Field the day of the home show for the last 14 years. On rare occasions when there aren't enough city fields available, as a last resort we have had corps practice at our supplemental parking lot field at the Greater Reading Expo Center.

Also, MBI will be competing at the Downingtown Classic in Downingtown, Pa., not Big Sounds in Motion in Reading, Pa.

Edited by amysnook

Amy, this is a good time to thank you for all you do. I mean, supervising TWO shows? You are an incredibly hard worker. Your husband is no slacker, either. Folks, the Buccaneers have been "riding high" for quite some time. Some of that has nothing to do with on-field performance.

The Buccaneers' corps song begins with "We're all good men, yes we're Buccaneers . . ."

You MUST understand, the Buccaneers organization benefits from the efforts of many capable and hardworking women. I hope none of them take any offense to those very early lyrics! Amy, should you lead the charge to add "and women" to the corps song, I will be somewhat disappointed in you. smile.gif

Jeff:

You're on my mailing list, so jump on it when you receive the postcard. I urge others to buy their tickets early rather than waiting until the day of the show, so you're not left standing outside the gate.

I've been trying to entice Minnesota Brass to come to a Buccaneer show for three years, and this year it worked out for both corps. We are very much looking forward to having them compete at the Downingtown Classic.

my mailbox is still empty

:devil:/>