Velvet Knights Will Not Compete In 2013

Drum Corps International today announced that the Open Class Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle corps will not participate in the 2013 DCI Tour. “We’re anticipating that the Velvet Knights organization will take this opportunity to review its situation and regroup and reorganize for a future petition to return to DCI’s Open Class,” DCI Executive Director [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2013/03/velvet-knights-will-not-compete-in-2013/

• 2 weeks later...

As I have always said: This is a privately owned site; so it is their playground, we are only guests allowed to play in their sandbox, and the Mods can pick up any of the toys they want because, again, it is 'their' playground not ours.

How did VK wrong you? You seem to always need to chime in about them, but never give a reason why?

I truly am just curious.

Edited by elmhurstmusiced

How did VK wrong you? You seem to always need to chime in about them, but never give a reason why?

I truly am just curious.

I like the shows from VK, and I like the performance concepts (especially from the eighties and nineties). But I guess that I need to give you a hint as to why I post in these threads: If you are not aware of the situation long long ago concerning 'the rubber paddle ball vs. the shark tail goes wild' incident, then I suggest you do some research.

Edited by Stu

I like the shows from VK, and I like the performance concepts (especially from the eighties and nineties). But I guess that I need to give you a hint as to why I post in these threads: If you are not aware of the situation long long ago concerning 'the rubber paddle ball vs. the shark tail goes wild' incident, then I suggest you do some research.

Check your inbox.

Edited by elmhurstmusiced

There is legitimate reason to be concerned. Any time bad management results in a corps dying, especially with the sort of borderline legal issues VK has evidently experienced, it damages the reputation of the activity. When members, staff and donors get burned, the result is that every other corps has that much harder of a time perpetuating its own existence. It's a legit gripe. Go look up threads (if they're still in the server) about groups like Jester, Spartans before their last resurrection, or whatever Marion called itself before they folded, just to name a couple examples. Opportunities to build a vibrant, thriving organization were squandered by people that either didn't know what they were doing running a business or that were, in certain cases, outright fraudulent.

• Like 3

Shocking. It's not for the kids?

• Like 2

It is time for the alumni corps to make its debut now. :thumbup:

• Like 4