Burton, Keenan

Keenan Burton

Keenan Burton

Blue Stars, Trumpet

Hi, my name is Keenan Burton and this summer I will be marching my rookie year with the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps!

After participating in and loving marching band during my four years of high school I decided that auditioning for drum corps was the natural next step in an activity that I loved and in November I found myself auditioning at a the Blue Stars November audition camp. I was called back for another round of auditions in January and it was at that camp that I received a position to march with the Blue Stars and signed my contract. I'm extremely excited to be performing with the Blue Stars this summer and cannot wait for May to arrive.

I graduated from Yukon High School in Yukon, Oklahoma last spring and am currently attending Hamilton College in Clinton, NY. I am extremely passionate about music, both on a football field and in a concert setting and at Hamilton I am a member of the student orchestra, a brass quintet, and a brass ensemble. I am considering majoring in music and I know that the skills that I learn from my summer with the Blue Stars will be essential to my success if I decide to take that route.

The cost of tour fees for the Blue Stars for the 2013 season is $3,500 but because camps are held in Indianapolis and I live in Oklahoma City and go to school in Upstate New York, the cost of flights can be very high, sometimes as much as $800. Please help me make my dream of marching with the Blue Stars this summer a reality!

If you'd like to help me spend an incredible summer with the Blue Stars, here is the link to my PayPal account:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ir9d9bpF2wqn3GLFemI8u9uArdTJ66X8aSiB5TxvZJfhNip65ZUDJG0RGta&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d5348ead9d61c709ee8c979deef3ea735

Thank you so much for helping make my rookie year with the Blue Stars possible!

Keenan Burton

Blue Stars Trumpet