Tickets for Tour of Champions -- J Birney, PA 8/4/13

I very much want to attend this show (Tour of Champions -- East Rutherford, NJ on 8/4/13) and purchase 2 good tickets. From what I can gather, it's being sold by CrownTickets on their website, and I've visited the site several times. Unfortunately, it keeps saying "Available Soon."

Does anyone know when "soon" is? Alternatively, does anyone know of other ways that I can obtain good tickets to this show?

Thanks in advance...

If I decide to go to Indy after Allentown, I'll most likely be headed to Pittsburg. If I have to head home afterwards, I'll be attending East Rutherford. If they had trouble securing the stadium, I'd suggest a smaller venue. Tickets for the East Rutherford are expensive, you have to pay for parking, food is not great and it's also pricey and not worth the cost. I would love to go to a show in a smaller venue knowing that the corps sponsoring the show may have a more profitable event. Of course East Rutherford did have one great advantage last year. There were great places to wait out the thunderstorm and heavy rains that deluged us last year and I did get to talk with quite a few Cadets alums.

Food inside is pricey. But it was a great place to tail gate. Most corps need to arrive early to the TOC shows for their small ensembles and meet and greet events. So we got to spend free time with our son before going in.

not to mention this event has ended at close to midnight for the last two years, unsure why it doesn't start at 5pm...

two factors are rumored:

1. The CEO of that sponsoring corps is known to be an insomniac and is definitely not a morning person.

2. Corps on the top half of the bracket tend to practice and perform later and later that week to mimic timing for DCI finals. Something about peak energy factor, etc. Rain was a big factor at that show for delaying ending hour. Lucky it finished at all.

Edited by normy diploome

1366379992[/url]' post='3257763']

Food inside is pricey. But it was a great place to tail gate. Most corps need to arrive early to the TOC shows for their small ensembles and meet and greet events. So we got to spend free time with our son before going in.

With last year's rain, you had quality time with your son and then some!

1366418578[/url]' post='3257890']

With last year's rain, you had quality time with your son and then some!

A 1 hour visit outside the stadium turned into 2 based on the ominous forecast. Then we had a 1.5 hour or so delay inside, but my son was not with us then.

There is some speculation that it may end up a Rutgers. This is where the event was initially listed to be held 2 years ago.

My friends and I are not going at all this year due to BAC being excluded. Not trying to derail the thread...just being honest. Will they notice four less tickets? Probably not. It is what it is.

• Like 1

My friends and I are not going at all this year due to BAC being excluded. Not trying to derail the thread...just being honest. Will they notice four less tickets? Probably not. It is what it is.

I thought the official line was that BAC declined to enter the TOC, not that they were excluded.