Worst performance ever

Without a doubt, SCV's standup performance in 2004 at the Parade of Champions stand-up fest which takes place a local stadium the day before the Tournament of Roses Parade. The stands were packed with band kids from all over the place with over 200 current SCV and "true" alumni out on the field for the big "OMG it's SCV!" stand up gig. The current (at the time) DM Stuart Schulman began some weak conducting pattern and didn't difinitively signal a horns up; the ensuing tuning exercise or whatever we were trying to do was an absolute disaster. It was so bad, a DM with guts would have cut us off and started over again. A lot of us alums were LIVID he didn't, so much so that one turned to a former (and well known) DM from the 80's who was marching in the baritone section and said, "____, get your a55 up there and show 'em how it's really done, would ya??"

so much so that one turned to a former (and well known) DM from the 80's who was marching in the baritone section and said, "____, get your a55 up there and show 'em how it's really done, would ya??"

Jeff Pearson, I'd guess....

Jeff Pearson, I'd guess....

Nope, Jeff was the "alum" DM you see in the parade footage taken the following day; he didn't play during the standup.

Edited by TRacer

Tim Andriese or Gary Butera

• 3 weeks later...

1985 Allentown Prelims... DM started Sorcerers and half the corps was on one count and the other half a beat or two off.... needless to say we watched finals from the stands that night.

• 2 weeks later...

Erie show one year the DM started the show completely different than ever before. There were some bleeps and bloops and then awkward silence. A total false start. I don't want to pin it entirely on the DM, (could have happened to anybody), but it was awfully embarrassing.

I scored an 8 at my first ever drum corps competition.

Yes, an 8.

man, that's GREAT out of 10!!!

• Like 1