63 Sun @ the Polo Grounds

There's no audio other than someone watching and pointing out members of the 63 Sunrisers at the Polo Grounds.

Also, looks like the 64 Daily News contest at Shea Stadium after that.

Remember, this is old footage.

Enjoy:

Though I don't have the audio from this performance, I do have two other audios from the Sunrisers 1963 season...

(Also have the same two locations for the 64 season *audios*)

• 1963 Sunrisers Carnegie Hall

• 1963 Sunrisers World Open

Uploaded and "narrated" by Billy Fulson (1964 Sunrisers Contra)

SUNRISERS DRUM CORP IN 1963 AT THE GIANTS POLO grounds baseball field in New York City

There's no audio other than someone watching and pointing out members of the 63 Sunrisers at the Polo Grounds.

Enjoy:

That is Billy Fulson narrating the Polo Grounds and Shea Stadium home movies. He and Ted Sasso were the contra bass section in that corps from '63 through '65. Ted stayed and performed through the '80s.

Billy Cobham was in the drumline in the early '60s until he had to go on tour with Miles Davis and some other cats.

I recall having to learn the "My Beer is Rheingold, the Dry Beer" tune for that Polo Grounds gig. And guess what we got to enjoy (gratis) after we came off the field. Those were the days, my friends.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I recall the Shea Stadium Daily News show, being there with Selden. We also like to forget ever being there.

I do remember it was unusually hot during prelims though and it seemed like the stands were a mile away.

The Shea video of Sun is most likely the night finals and there's a corps shown at the 4:00 mark that I can't make out. Looks like red tops and black pants. Finals had Cabs, Sun and Marksmen, juniors were Sac, Lucy's and Garfield. I thought Marksmen had green tops, or white with green sash and it doesn't look like any of the other corps. Maybe an exhibition corps? Wasn't there a Dusseldorf Fanfaren Corp from Germany there? I don't think it's them. Memory of all that is faded, but I don't think they had shakos, or a field M&M show like the rest.

Enjoy:

those are great videos of the old school drum corps. to bad it's all gone now. that is why i got involved.

thanks glen.

I had to look about the Polo Grounds... according to wiki

The last sporting event at the Polo Grounds was a football game between the New York Jets and the Buffalo Bills on December 14, 1963.

Opened: April 19, 1890

Renovated: June 28, 1911

Expanded: 1923

Closed: December, 1963

Demolished: April 10, 1964

Tenants

New York Giants (Players' League) (MLB) (1890)

New York Giants (MLB) (1891-1957)

New York Yankees (MLB) (1913-1922)

New York Mets (MLB) (1962-1963)

New York Brickley Giants (NFL) (1921)

New York Giants (NFL) (1925-1955)

New York Titans/Jets (AFL) (1960-1963)

New York Bulldogs (NFL) (1949)

Gotham Bowl (NCAA) (1961)

As its name suggests, the original Polo Grounds was built in 1876 for the sport of polo.