Blue Devils 2013

So, now that the 2013 season is over and behind us so that we can start analyzing how it went, what did everyone here think of programs and the outcome? :rolleyes:

Get back to us in five years. :ph34r:

• Like 1

So, now that the 2013 season is over and behind us so that we can start analyzing how it went, what did everyone here think of programs and the outcome? :rolleyes:/>/>/>

It pretty much seemed to go as most expected it would placement wise except for a couple of Corps here and there. That said, I still think its a bit premature to begin the DCP 2014 season placement predictions thread just yet.

Edited by BRASSO

When we watch SNL we don't usually want to see a musical guest like Philip Glass

Dude, I JUST found out about this the other day and found the episode to watch. It was awesome!

and when we go to watch BD we don't expect them to beplaying Stravinsky.

No, but it will be awesome!

• Like 2

So, now that the 2013 season is over and behind us so that we can start analyzing how it went, what did everyone here think of programs and the outcome? :rolleyes:/>

Hang on Mike, we're still discussing 2008 here. We'll get to 2013 in 2020 or so.

Hang on Mike, we're still discussing 2008 here. We'll get to 2013 in 2020 or so.

Its difficult to discuss 2013 as there is only so much we can discuss right now regarding the quality of the Corps Choir,Corps comparisons of stretching exercises in gyms, quality of the kitchen staff in food preparation, quality of the volunteers taking equipment off trucks, quality of the straight lines in pics of empty brass cases, readings of the list of music in press releases, etc. Janet Napolitano of Homeland Security has requested that all DCI corps go into total lockdown mode of total secrecy for 44 weeks out of the year for national security reasons. It worth noting that all Corps appear to be in full compliance with her request.

Edited by BRASSO

Its difficult to discuss 2013 as there is only so much we can discuss right now regarding the quality of the Corps Choir,Corps comparisons of stretching exercises in gyms, quality of the kitchen staff in food preparation, quality of the volunteers taking equipment off trucks, quality of the straight lines in pics of empty brass cases, readings of the list of music in press releases, etc. Janet Napolitano of Homeland Security has requested that all DCI corps go into total lockdown mode of total secrecy for 44 weeks out of the year for national security reasons. It worth noting that all Corps appear to be in full compliance with her request.

Well, perhaps not ALL corps...

oops. seems they forgot Facebook

I have loved BD's shows the last few years except for 2008. The only things I would say is to wait until you have at least seen the show before you make up your mind.

So, now that the 2013 season is over and behind us so that we can start analyzing how it went, what did everyone here think of programs and the outcome? rolleyes.gif

Michael,

I find your sarcasm a bit childish as discussing the season ahead of us is a legitimate conversation. Isn't speculating about the 2013 Drum Corps season similar to discussing who will win the Super Bowl next year? By your logic ESPN should cancel a majority of its programming and only report on post-game recaps. You would be taking half the fun out of sports.

And for the person who called me a troll, I have not tried to hide my identity. Am I a regular poster at DCP... no. I simply posted my comments here because I thought it was the best format to get a sensible discussion. I have and will fully admit the shows that BD has produced have been very technically good shows and they have shown that by having two undefeated seasons (recently) and winning three of the last four years. I think the people who understand my argument understand and agree or can post justifiable arguments and others will just say I am trashing BD. BD is a great organization with great staff but I strongly feel they have lost their identity and their show selection for this year is not a great one. In a few years, fans will be saying play When A Man Loves A Women or Legend of the One Eyed Sailor not play Ritual of Abduction.

As a BD Alumni... I hope they have another undefeated season but it doesn't mean that I won't enjoy someone else's show more and be happy if that other corps wins. But that is just speculation and won't know till I actually see some performances.

Paul

• Like 2

As much as I love BD. I have to agree. Get back to entertainment and stop being such a niche corps which is really what they have made themselves to the younger generation.

• Like 1