If 1995 could be recorded again....

We all know, 1995 was the absolute worst Finals ever recorded.

If it was re-recorded, what is the first show you're going to watch/listen to?

My vote is EASY - Blue Devils, an amazing show totally never gets the respect it deserves. Followed by Phantom and the Scouts.

Such a great, great year done wrong by a bad recording.

Blue Devils first, then I'd watch Crossmen, Carolina Crown, Colts, and the Glassmen.

Gee whiz- the more I think about it the more I realize that the video editing of the 1995 finals really is not as good as other years. I think Santa Clara Vanguard suffered the most from that.

Blue Devils first, then I'd watch Crossmen, Carolina Crown, Colts, and the Glassmen.

Gee whiz- the more I think about it the more I realize that the video editing of the 1995 finals really is not as good as other years. I think Santa Clara Vanguard suffered the most from that.

Check out '83 and '84 - the years of great shots of the pit.

Question, why was it so badly recorded? And why the way it was filmed/video recorded so different from previous years?

On topic - Cavies, Scouts, Blue Devils

Scouts, Cadets, Bluecoats.

Question, why was it so badly recorded? And why the way it was filmed/video recorded so different from previous years?

Cavaliers for me.

IBM took over the contract for '95 and '96 and had great ideas and new technology and blah blah blah. Yeah, they messed it up big time. Would pay dear money for a "real" quality recording from those years.

Mike

As another poster mentioned, IBM took over the media sales from 1995 to 1998. It also needs to be said though that those years DCI was in dire straights financially, and they had to go a "cheaper" route using IBM. Unfortunately, we got what they paid for. I am sure IBM did the best they could - it could have been even worse - but it just made me appreciate the Tom Blairs and Larry Rocks who had done it so well during the late 80's to mid 90's and then 1999 until now. We are all very lucky to have people like that involved in the recording process these days. I don't think people realize that.

leed17