Saw SCV practive last night

Less difficult?

That's concerning

I feel that if SCV is to move up, they need to up their demand greatly over last year so I respectfully hope you are wrong but I love that they are clean

After a third practice- I can easily say; yes. less demanding. It will please the HELL out of the crowd. Its enjoyable, emotional, and it will be clean, but it's not a difficult show by any means.

See the SCV thread for some pictures of 2013 practice. More to come...

Edited by KPinCAL

I don't know about the easier thing. After watching them, it's harder than any show I marched and played. it's dirty right now, but you can see exactly where everything will be. Just needs polishing at this point. The hornline though is ahead of where they were last year, and are really pushing the volume.

I don't know about the easier thing. After watching them, it's harder than any show I marched and played. it's dirty right now, but you can see exactly where everything will be. Just needs polishing at this point. The hornline though is ahead of where they were last year, and are really pushing the volume.

Really? Drill? Tempo? Music Book? I think they will have a hard time competing with it- but again, I feel it is VERY entertaining. It will most likely be my favorite show of the year- just a feeling!

Edited by KPinCAL

I saw it live too and I agree with all the posters who say it's much less demanding than previous years.

The arrangements of the music seems just geared to represent the original source material, without a whole lot of elaboration. If you liked the original musical (or the movie, yuck) than you won't be bothered by what SCV presents.

But if you prefer challenging and demanding music for both the player and the listener, you should look elsewhere.

Really? Drill? Tempo? Music Book? I think they will have a hard time competing with it- but again, I feel it is VERY entertaining. It will most likely be my favorite show of the year- just a feeling!

Yep. I'd say it's harder than anything I marched, and harder than last year for sure. 2011 was a fluke because of the insane drill. This year's show is very difficult musically and visually. I saw a whole lot of knee braces out there because of the demand. The timing demands of this show are pretty up there, especially in One Day More and Attack on the Rue Plumet.

Since Spring Training is for teaching, cleaning, and refining, will one of the Moderators or the OP correct the header for this thread please.

Is it 'Saw SCV proactive last night" or is it "Saw SCV practice last night" ??? Can't seem to find that other word in the dictionary...must be one of those California terms.:blink:/>

I saw it live too and I agree with all the posters who say it's much less demanding than previous years.

The arrangements of the music seems just geared to represent the original source material, without a whole lot of elaboration. If you liked the original musical (or the movie, yuck) than you won't be bothered by what SCV presents.

But if you prefer challenging and demanding music for both the player and the listener, you should look elsewhere.

Obviously I'm biased, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think this year's show is unquestionably more demanding (for the performers) than last year's, and that JD and the Rennicks brought way more to the table than their transcription skills.

• Like 2

Obviously I'm biased, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think this year's show is unquestionably more demanding (for the performers) than last year's, and that JD and the Rennicks brought way more to the table than their transcription skills.

I can agree with that one, from my observations and talking to members. Especially those that have been around a few years. I think once people see the show, they'll see the demand. Pete out-did himself this year

I'm truly no expert, but I have been attending all of the California shows since 2008....and therefore have seen only very early season shows ( live) . I have noticed, over these years, that SCV always added so much more to their shows, as the summer progressed. I know that is true of most corps, but I do recall being really excited by the additions to SCV's drill and design, as the season continued. I imagine that might be the case this year, as well. Either way....... I always love their shows, and can't wait to see them next week!!!