Saw SCV practive last night

Boston could've done more. I liked the show but they rubbed me the wrong way by saying the source music can't support a full show. It seemed like a cop out to try and justify 1812 overture.

All in all they did a great job you can only do so much in 12 min. Jay Kennedy did a great job with the music. An Boston did a great show that year. The Barri solo was one of the best moments in DCI history. Boston Strong. Have a great day.

• Like 1

I respectfully disagree. Their demand has been 'fine' recently, I don't think they would need to amp it up to contend, it just needs to be effective. Pete Weber is hit or miss for me. His designs for Ballet for Martha and Music/starry night have been very good, the rest ... bleh...

Did he do Bartok? I love that show, musically and visually. The forms are so elegant and memorable. And the guard was charming in a kind of quirky way that I hadn't seen before in drum corps. Whoever did the visuals for that show is a keeper.

Did he do Bartok? I love that show, musically and visually. The forms are so elegant and memorable. And the guard was charming in a kind of quirky way that I hadn't seen before in drum corps. Whoever did the visuals for that show is a keeper.

The drill for that show is absolutely fantastic. In my opinion.

• Like 1

The drill for that show is absolutely fantastic. In my opinion.

Agreed. I think the problems with that show had more to do with execution than design.

Agreed. I think the problems with that show had more to do with execution than design.

Yeah, this part is absolutely ingenious. One of my favorite all time drill moments:

Anywayz, back to 2012. Can't wait to see it! :smile:

Edited by DrumManTx

Is that what they said?

Was there a prop that exclaimed "we are taking a huge steaming dump all over your favorite musical by not portraying it faithfully. Oh wait, this show ISNT Les Miz, but we are using some material from it.....sorry "

I think they were wrong for starting the show with 4 for nothing and then not keeping with it as the entire show theme. It's like they said silence is not golden.

> quote name='Crown Phan' timestamp='1371052280' post='3266749']

Boston could've done more. I liked the show but they rubbed me the wrong way by saying the source music can't support a full show. It seemed like a cop out to try and justify 1812 overture.

All in all they did a great job you can only do so much in 12 min. Jay Kennedy did a great job with the music. An Boston did a great show that year. The Barri solo was one of the best moments in DCI history. Boston Strong. Have a great day.

That Bari solo was the fantastic.

I've seen them twice - in April and Memorial Day weekend since they were close to my home. I was there the night the YouTube video was taken. There is certainly some meat in the show.

I'm laughing a little at the comments that are comparing this to Boston. I guess this takes some of the pressure off of the 1989 Cadets.

• Like 5

Is that what they said?

Was there a prop that exclaimed "we are taking a huge steaming dump all over your favorite musical by not portraying it faithfully. Oh wait, this show ISNT Les Miz, but we are using some material from it.....sorry "

I think they were wrong for starting the show with 4 for nothing and then not keeping with it as the entire show theme. It's like they said silence is not golden.

This is completely out of line. All I said was that when they interviewed one of the designers he made the comment they didn't feel there was enough in the source material to build an entire show out of. I disagree and feel that there is almost too much in the source material for one show. As much as I love SCV's show so far it's not even what I would love to see a Les Mis show be. I was rubbed the wrong way by a comment. Did I hate the show? No, I very much enjoyed it. Is Les Mis by favorite musical? No. So don't you dare presume to put words in my mouth.

• Like 2