Skyliners Field Corps Announces American Legion Post #411 in Jessup, P

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 19, 2013. The Administration of the Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps field corps announced today that they will be sponsored by the Michael Steiner American Legion Post #411 in Jessup, Pennsylvania. The corps plans to rehearse in the Jessup/ Scranton, Pennsylvania area.

The Skyliners were drawn to the area for a number of reasons. First, it is centrally located for potential members to travel comfortably from the tri-state area, including central New Jersey, Pennsylvania and upstate New York. The historical connection with the area and the Post was also of interest. The Drum Corps Associates organization grew out of a meeting held in the Fall of 1963 at Hotel Jermyn in Scranton, which was organized by Doctor Almo “Doc” Sebastianelli, a member and past commander of American Legion Post #411. The New York Skyliners was one of the founding members of Drum Corps Associates, and Lefty Mayer, then Director of the corps, was instrumental to this important development in drum corps history. In previous years, the Skyliners rehearsed at the field in Jessup for the Scranton shows.

The amount of interest shown in the Skyliner field corps returning to the competitive arena has been exciting, and we appreciate the support, inquiries, and offers of assistance. More details and information about staff, show, open house and rehearsal schedule will be published in the future.

For more information, to join or to donate, please contact Larry Carbonell at larry@skylinersdbc.org. The New York Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501©3 non-profit, performance-based organization that provides quality educational opportunities for its members.

Posted by: Doreen Sandor, Assistant Director

• Like 3

I remember rehearsing up in the Pocono Mountain and Stroudsburg areas. Loved rehearsing up there! Miss my Skyliners family like crazy!

Good luck, Doreen and everyone else!

All of my good wishes for complete success to the Skyliners......'sock it in'

Guido

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 19, 2013. The Administration of the Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps field corps announced today that they will be sponsored by the Michael Steiner American Legion Post #411 in Jessup, Pennsylvania. The corps plans to rehearse in the Jessup/ Scranton, Pennsylvania area.

The Skyliners were drawn to the area for a number of reasons. First, it is centrally located for potential members to travel comfortably from the tri-state area, including central New Jersey, Pennsylvania and upstate New York. The historical connection with the area and the Post was also of interest. The Drum Corps Associates organization grew out of a meeting held in the Fall of 1963 at Hotel Jermyn in Scranton, which was organized by Doctor Almo “Doc” Sebastianelli, a member and past commander of American Legion Post #411. The New York Skyliners was one of the founding members of Drum Corps Associates, and Lefty Mayer, then Director of the corps, was instrumental to this important development in drum corps history. In previous years, the Skyliners rehearsed at the field in Jessup for the Scranton shows.

The amount of interest shown in the Skyliner field corps returning to the competitive arena has been exciting, and we appreciate the support, inquiries, and offers of assistance. More details and information about staff, show, open house and rehearsal schedule will be published in the future.

For more information, to join or to donate, please contact Larry Carbonell at larry@skylinersdbc.org. The New York Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501©3 non-profit, performance-based organization that provides quality educational opportunities for its members.

Posted by: Doreen Sandor, Assistant Director

That's awesome! I live in jessup! I think that there's an untapped market for members in NEPA. Lots of talented players. Of course there's c2 (Allentown is a good 2 hrs) and the north jersey corps which is also a bit of a haul. As a local band director I know I'll promote it and send out a few students. Glad to see more growth in dca!

• Like 1

That's awesome! I live in jessup! I think that there's an untapped market for members in NEPA. Lots of talented players. Of course there's c2 (Allentown is a good 2 hrs) and the north jersey corps which is also a bit of a haul. As a local band director I know I'll promote it and send out a few students. Glad to see more growth in dca!

That's a mighty good offering of support ... maybe you can act as a liaison between Sky and the other local band Directors to further promote participation ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

Best of luck to my Skyliner freinds you have been away 2 long .Be good to see you back completing lots of folks missed you.

• Like 1

Glad to hear! Hope to see them back out there.