Clovis Cluster

OK- just got done watching BD pratice

They have the HARDEST/most notes in a drum solo I have ever seen. Holy cow.

Brass- in your face-loud- and the drill!

This show is.....HOT. Holy cow!!!!!!

Edited by KPinCAL

I suspect that BDB will have a lot of World Class corps sweating it at Semis. After hearing them on the recording, I think it is very possible to see two BD corps at Finals.

Musically proficient is one thing, but visually proficient along with music is quite another. I don't think they'll get to Finals. I think Semis is possible though!

Vis is definitely the key to the title... we'll see in a few hours. :cool:

Fair warning to CC: California gurlz are undeniable... Daisy Duke bikinis on top!

Don't get distracted! :w00t:

Fine, fresh, and fierce, eh, Katy?

In any case, there's no reason BDB should miss Semifinals this year: they made it the past two years, since Semis were enlarged to feature 25 rather than 17 corps.

Clovis has always been an exciting show from a members perspective, but holy crap, when was there this much anticipation surrounding this show? This is going to be a great year to be a drum corps fan on the west coast. With this kind of slug fest going on every night it's going to be really fun for you guys to watch this all play out on first tour. Enjoy, and be sure to report your thoughts to those of us that have to wait till much later in the year to satisfy our voracious drum corps appetites!

Dan

I may be dead wrong (we'll see)...but I suspect that the audience will not be so "quick to judge" the avante gard nature of some DCI show designs, particularly when 2 of the top 3 corps are trotting them out this year....and both are competitive for the title. In some ways, BD has pulled back from the far end of the avante gard spectrum and (from what I've seen) CC has not gone all the way out to that edge....yet. So, they may be settled-in around the same area of "different and acceptable". I do predict that there WILL be battles on DCP this tour concerning "my corps' avante gard is not as avante as yours" (or....my favorite....."my corps' avante gard is more accessible blink.gif/>). Anyway, as Stewie would say......"Ohhhhhhhh, this is going to be fun!"

Wish I could be out there to see it pan out. I have been having a severe case of Mars withdrawals lately! Ahhh, the smell of refineries in the morning...sure was pretty at night though. Good luck to all.

Dan

.....and cold!

• Like 1

I will be there! I have never been this excited for the season to start!

Wish I could be out there to see it pan out. I have been having a severe case of Mars withdrawals lately! Ahhh, the smell of refineries in the morning...sure was pretty at night though. Good luck to all.

Dan

Mars sure is a special place...a crucible - where champions are forged.

Great episode in the BD Mediabox Inside BD 360