Oceanside Keg Stand

Crown's percussion outscored their brass..... Very interesting.....

• Like 1

Courtesy of DCI Scores' twitter account:

Oceanside CA

Crown-80.05

PCrest-69.35

Mandarins-66.95

O:

Gold-69.85

Impulse-63.5

CitySound-52.1

Edited by euphman89

I wonder if these scores are just a little inflated; Pacific Crest is 0.15 higher than Boston Crusaders. I know they were at different shows, but that's still pretty crazy.

• Like 2

Crown's percussion outscored their brass..... Very interesting.....

No they didn't. Since there was a lack of a percussion judge, they just duplicated the Music-Analysis score. If you look under percussion, it says "M. Judge" for the judge's name. They are just duplicating Jay Kennedy's scores.

With that said, maybe it's just me, but I've noticed over the years that Jay Kennedy's scores are usually on the generous end of the spectrum.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1

No they didn't. Since there was a lack of a percussion judge, they just duplicated the Music-Analysis score. If you look under percussion, it says "M. Judge" for the judge's name. They are just duplicating Jay Kennedy's scores.

With that said, maybe it's just me, but I've noticed over the years that Jay Kennedy's scores are usually on the generous end of the spectrum.

That makes much more sense, I didn't think their percussion had gotten that good that quickly. Not to say they're not good, but to outscore their brass line would require a line of monumental talent

I REALLY wanted to get up there tonight, it is the closest show to home and my only real chance to see any shows since I can't make Riverside on Sunday either. I guess I will have to live this season through online/in theaters, but got to hang with my BD crew while they were in town rehearsing so there is one small plus. Really upset I couldn't see Crown and the others though.

Impulse was young- but they have some really fun moments- cool tunes