CLASS Championship

What a fantastic and interesting mix having a dual Championship this year with TWO shows going on simultaneously and special live feed clips of each corps show presented at the opposing show!

World CLASS In Bowling Green KY we had

6:45 Seminole Thunder

7:00 Tri-State Troubadors

7:15 Fallen Angels

7:30 #1 Corps

7:45 Knights of Power

8:00 Crimson Lions

8:15 River City Regiment

8:30 break

8:55 Quilt

9:10 Euphony Empire

9:25 Montreal intro

9:30 Ohio Valley Thunder

9:45 Dutch Crusaders clip

9:50 Cincinnati Light Brigade

10:05 Feenicks clip

10:10 Renegade Brigade

10:25 M.I.B clip

10:30 Shadow

10:45 Polaris Regiment clip

10:50 Quiksilver

11:05 Star of Jupiter clip

11:10 Nastalgia Vanguard

11:25 Knight clip

11:35 Awards simulcast

11:45 Champion encore

Montreal QU we had

9:10 Bowling Green Intro and Quilt clip

9:20 Dutch Crusaders

9:35 Euphony Empire clip

9:40 Feenicks

9:55 Ohio Valley Thunder clip

10:00 M.I.B.

10:15 Cincinnati Light Brigade clip

10:20 Polaris Regiment

10:35 Renegade Brigade clip

10:40 Star of Jupiter

10:55 Shadow clip

11:00 The Knights

11:20 Quicksilver clip

11:25 Nastalgia Vanguard clip

11:35 Awards simulcast

11:45 Champion encore

Awards were announced as if all corps were at same event and live to one another! It made for a truly unique and exciting event. To make it MORE unique, several judges were picked to watch clips of ALL shows hence a slight delay in judging and announcement of scores. what a GREAT CLASS Championship---soon look back for our review of top 12 corps.

Steve Roundandroundo: wow what an amazing night it has been--a little long, but well worth it as every corps really put it all out there.

Michael Cesarian: I tell you the live multi event really got kicked off in a strong way with Euphony Empire. It was like smooth chocolate.

Steve: well I dont know about all that but I really had to look to see if they were slotted in the wrong spot because man did they set the bench high after their incredible performance.

Michael: hahahahahaha bahaha Ohio Valley Thunder really seemed to be a bit stunned as they watched them leave the field. Like water trickling off a babbling brook.

Steve: ok..However as you know we bounced back and forth and man Montreal had their own surprise corps in M.I.B who really pulled it together and got a great reaction tonight.

Michael: Oh Steve did they ever and as the night continued old favorites like "home" corps The Knights and defending champion Star of Jupiter with Polaris really kept it a tight show the fans were really digging! The designs the style THE BUDGETS of these corps is really amazing and I am glad to have assisted them all in show design.

Steve: you did? cool-- buuuuuut looking across to Bowling Green and watching Nastalgia Vanguard, Renegade Brigade, Shadow and Quiksilver--we knew it was going to be a CLASS Championship for the ages! Who was going to take it all--would it be from Montreal or Bowling Green and would it be a CLASS corps? all night long the suspense mounted until....

ladies and gentleman lets go to field announcer Grant Crockpot for scores:

Ladies and gentleman welcome Kentucky and welcome Canada! Across international boarders we now join together two amazing shows for one incredible CLASS Championship. and first in Class A CLASS Championship

15th place 63.07 Magic Sun Cadets

14th place 66.13 Privateers

13th 66.270 Scarlet Cadets

12th 66.275 Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble

11th 66.72 Hoosier Regiment

10th 66.95 Phantasm

9th 67.07 ERMISSION

8th 67.87 Lake Erie Storm

7th 67.93 Red Regiment

6th 68.48 Xothyme

5th 68.7 Blades of Blue

4th 68.77 Knights of Note

3rd 69.01 and Montreal CLASS Champion Cape Cod Regiment

2nd 70.57 HG3

and 1st as CLASS Grand Champion Class A with 71.05 CROSS!!!

Michael: wow Cross was magnificent in this field and allowed no room for error and Cape Cod Regiment seemed to ease up knowing they had the local competition summed up which allowed HG3 to also sneak in! Like a fox in a hen house.

Steve: they sure did and what a great year for Class A! we will be right back with Open class!!

Steve: and we are back this is Steve Roundandroundo happy to be your host again here for CLASS Championship with my colorful co-host Michael Cesarean.

Michael: hahahahaha happy to be here once again for all these amazing corps. Like sands through the hour glass so are the days of these corps and it all comes down to big days like this!

Steve: now back to the action and scores for Open Class, little smaller than A class field:

in 11th place with a score of 65.98 Seminole Thunder II

10th with a score of 68.57 Nastalgia

9th 69.30 Dutch Vanguard

8th 70.03 Spirit of Indy

7th 70.14 Impact Thunder

6th and also the Montreal CLASS Champion with a score of 70.55 Les Blanc Chevalier

5th 70.78 Mountain Sound of Asheville

4th 71.14 Knights of Sound

3rd 71.45 Mercury

taking silver with 71.81 Royal Sound

and taking the gold as the CLASS Grand Champion of Open Class with a 72.12 SILHOUETTE!

Steve: we are sorry for the delay after scores from Les Blan Chevalier but the crowd seemed shocked their hometown corps was so far back and booed followed by cheering for their home corps then a streaker wearing what we think was maple sugar candy but cant tell!

Michael: those crazy Canadians--love me some maple sugar candy! what some are saying is that the judging in the south has gone crazy I mean scores so high, but no one can dispute that Sillhouette show--so pure, so black against the light in the back with their face sideways--they are a force to be dealt with this year in open class. Congrats all corps and we will be back with the big guns--WORLD CLASS!

Edited by gcurrier

Steve: and we are back with the elite of the elite.

Michael: hahahahaha oh yes these are the big guns so stand of the way cause they will blow you over!

to field announcer

On behalf of CLASS, the Mayors of Montreal Jane Cowell-Poitras and Bowling Green Bruce Wilkerson we want to thank everyone again for coming out to two great fantastic shows....on behalf of music and educators everywhere we thank you for supporting the arts even if just in your fantasies. Now the world class

in 21st place with a score of 69.27 Seminole Thunder

20th 70.84 Tri-State Trubadors

19th 71.38 Fallen Angels

18th 71.94 Feenicks

17th 72.31 Quilt

16th 73.03 Ohio Valley Thunder

15th 73.07 (gasp from crowd) Dutch Crusaders

14th 73.09 (wow from crowd) Crimson Lions

13th 73.19 #1 Corps

12th 73.28 Knights of Power

11th 73.39 Cincinnati Light Brigade

10th 73.71 Star of Jupiter

9th 74.041 River City Regiment

8th 74.048 (shocked) The Knights

7th 74.06 M.I.B

6th 74.27 Nastalgia Vanguard

5th 74.67 Shadow

4th 74.77 Qicksilver

winning bronze and all the Montreal CLASS Champions with a 74.78 POLARIS REGIMENT

winning silver with a score of 74.83 Renegade Brigade

and winning the CLASS Grand Champion World Class with a score of 75.11 EUPHONY EMPIRE!!!!

Steve: go ahead say it Michael, go ahead

Michael: SCORCHED EARTH!!! The crowd in Kentucky went absolutely nuts. Not only did they have all three winners there live but we had some major upsets with some incredible showmanship.

Steve: we said we could have a dark horse or two looking over this field and just like any other year its proving to be true once again.

Michael: dark horses are better than light because the color contrast goes so well against them.

Steve: um sure...but we must agree this has been one of the most memorable CLASS Championships I can remember--hey, wanna do it again next year?

Michael: bahahahaha hahahaha oh yes of course! like fine china going through customs...

Steve: well that's all the time we have tonight folks, we hope to see you again next year and as we leave you, all tonights corps, which is probably audible from mars, playing God Bless America, O' Canada, Cotton Eyed Joe and Battle Hymn of the Republic. goodnight

*FDCI and CLASS can not be held responsible for the opinions and statements made by Michael Cesarean. However if you would like to be a member of CLASS please contact CLASS Chairman Gary L Currier.

Edited by gcurrier
  • Like 2

Wonderful shows Gary. The members of Cross were ecstatic when Mr. Crockpot read the scores. You must have felt some heart twinge when 2 FANFARE corps took home trophies. But with the FANFARE Championships on the 20th some vengeance is probably coming.

Jupiter is looking forward to the show tonight in Nashua. We were hoping that J. Kennedy judge from the West Coast would be flying out to review our percussion. :cool:/>

Jupiter is looking forward to the show tonight in Nashua. We were hoping that J. Kennedy judge from the West Coast would be flying out to review our percussion. :cool:/>/>

perfect score 20! lol

Hehe! That was a blast, laughing all the way through. "...THE BUDGETS...!"

"Audible from Mars" :thumbup:

i wont lie--i may have had fun lol

• Like 1

Steve: now back to the action and scores for Open Class...

6th and also the Montreal CLASS Champion with a score of 70.55 Les Blanc Chevalier

Erm... hm. Weren't the Marauders in Montreal? I believe they were the Montreal Open CLASS Champion, 5th overall (pushing MS of A to 6th and LBC to 7th overall). :cool:

Erm... hm. Weren't the Marauders in Montreal? I believe they were the Montreal Open CLASS Champion, 5th overall (pushing MS of A to 6th and LBC to 7th overall). :cool:/>

sorry they got missed on Matt's e-mail all together so I was not aware they were at either show. Satellite must have been down!!!