Cavies vs. Scouts - the ALL BOY battle

Madison's horn line is twice as good as Cavies but then again there are few times I've been impressed by Cavie horn lines. They are(were) about the visuals and Madison has always been about sound texture and volume, which I personally enjoy much.

• Like 3

Wah. G Bugles are not coming back. the sooner everyone accepts that, the sooner they can move on and start enjoying things more. They may have been louder, but there was also a lot more bad sounds coming out of horn lines.

I like the comparison of Madison and Cavies being seen as boy bands. They're all male, and all of the girls go crazy for them (Some of the guys as well). Their story this season will be very interesting to watch play out. Both are long-time classic corps, and are always well-respected, and seem to have very committed fans. Hope everyone can enjoy the season no matter the outcome

Thank you for trying to steer this thread back on the road. The rest of you need to start your own thread: "G vs B flat - The Relative Value of Nostalgia", and stop trying to steer this thread off subject.

Thank you for trying to steer this thread back on the road. The rest of you need to start your own thread: "G vs B flat - The Relative Value of Nostalgia", and stop trying to steer this thread off subject.

Yes, we desperately need the 3,257th "G vs Bb" thread here on DCP. :smile:/>

• Like 4

Yes, we desperately need the 3,257th "G vs Bb" thread here on DCP. :smile:/>/>/>

Uh..., I understand your exasperation but are you saying we should just let them take over this thread? Where innocent folks might wander in based on the topic title and get lost in a swamp of nostalgia? I think it would only be good manners to give them some kind of warning sign first. Then, if they knowingly wade into what is clearly marked "G vs. B flat" you can show them no sympathy if they complain about it afterwards.

Edited by PC

"I like the comparison of Madison and Cavies being seen as boy bands. They're all male, and all of the girls go crazy for them (Some of the guys as well). Their story this season will be very interesting to watch play out. Both are long-time classic corps, and are always well-respected, and seem to have very committed fans. Hope everyone can enjoy the season no matter the outcome."

Somehow I applaud the sentiments that you and Michael Boo have posted here. As a parent of a male child smitten with drum corps from age 6, we had a lot of years to look at both corps as a likely destination - and in the end picked one to recommend, based solely as a better fit and not because there was anything seriously "wrong" with the one not recommended. We continue to wish the best for both corps, are grateful to even have a choice, and we don't consider this any kind of zero-sum game where neither can move up except at the expense of the other. There are plenty of other worthwhile competitors to contend with.

Edited by PC

Uh..., I understand your exasperation but are you saying we should just let them take over this thread? Where innocent folks might wander in based on the topic title and get lost in a swamp of nostalgia? I think it would only be good manners to give them some kind of warning sign first. Then, if they knowingly wade into what is clearly marked "G vs. B flat" you can show them no sympathy if they complain about it afterwards.

The problem is, then there would be a G vs Bb thread, plus the same topic would infiltrate the other threads as well! :smile:/>

Sad to say, people still like to beat that dead horse anytime, anyplace.

dead-horse.gif