Has any corps been busted for this?

Yes. G. Royer, SCV Corps Director, found out the day of Finals about the overage marchers his Corps had in their ranks allegedly unknowingly throughout the '89 season. He informed DCI that his Corps had overage marchers for that entire season. There was no investigation by DCI when it came to their attention right before Finals. DCI accepted the word of Royer alone. That was enough for them to know regarding it. The Corps was then allowed by DCI to compete that nite without their overage marchers, and SCV then proceeded to go on and garner the DCI Title for that '89 season. SCV received no sanctions, nor penalties, nor fines for performing their 89 season with overage marchers. ( this was a classic great show they had that year, by the way,... a fan favorite that year. )

That was a glorious show.

• Like 1

Les Eclipses 1984 was also busted for marching over age members.

Not only the lot!

Diceman Ron strikes again... :worthy:

I know for a fact that there is a very important staff member for a Top 12 corps that marched overage for another very important and popular Top 12 corps. I won't say who it is, but this happened in this Millennium so I know it isn't just ancient history.

I think it's probably much harder today to do this, but it's still possible if you have the means to do so.

A certified birth certificate is now required plus secondary proofs of ID and age. Process is extensive today.

That doesn't keep me from having dreams about attempting to circumvent this process.

• Like 3

Marching "age outs"? How does DCI monitor this? I do not remember when I marched being asked to provide proof of age, maybe I did, but don't recall that.

Oh man did you just open a can of worms...

Do the names Muchachos, Crossmen, or Bridgemen ring any bells?

Of I guess for how DCI monitors I could throw in a Midwestern corps' name too...

I'm not sure how it would have worked out. I mean, even with two holes in the drill, they still got the highest score in DCI history at the time. It must have been earlier in the week, because watching the videos, you can see that the percussion drill is mostly rewritten to close the hole, since it's not hard to adjust a few people over.

I just wonder if they had DQd SCV, how would the members of Phantom felt? Knowing that their main competition had been knocked out because of members cheating the system?

Don't matter - after they DQ'ed the Eastern corps they should have DQ'ed SCV. Geez I'm always glad when someone digs this particular thread up - NOT!

• Like 1

Don't matter - after they DQ'ed the Eastern corps they should have DQ'ed SCV. Geez I'm always glad when someone digs this particular thread up - NOT!

SCV had no idea they had overage members. Hell, even the US government didn't know those kids had forged documents. When the Eastern corps did it, they had full knowledge of what they were doing so got punished for it.

• Like 2