Last new post button

Kyle B

Why hasn't this worked for over a year?

It should take me to the very first post since I closed DCP, and yet it takes me to usually one of the last posts, so I usually have to go back a page or scroll up and try to remember where I left off.

Why? Perhaps because we weren't aware there was a problem .... especially given the lack of uproar for the "over a year" it has been 'broken'. Just a guess.

I can't find a "Last new post button" on the site. Could you point it out to me, please?

The "View New Content" link (to the right of the top advertising banner) works just fine for selecting a list of threads that contain posts that have been added since you last logged-in. Give that a try.

Have a nice day.

-john

Sorry John,

This was the same problem that lead to creating a new Club thread in off-topic forums.

It's the orange tab next to each topic that has a new post in it that says "go to first unread post." It doesn't take you to the first new post. I'm not sure if this is a problem with threads that have several pages to them or if it just has a few pages as it does seem to be sporadic.

Kyle,

The "Go to first unread post" link / mechanism appears to work fine for me. Granted, I'm not reading threads with eleventy-billion posts (e.g., "Club - version 375.3") ... so that may be part of the condition you're experiencing. It could also be related to the cookie being saved by your browser, that is going to contain the pointers to all of the various 'last posts' for threads you visit.

This standard forum feature that is part of the core Invision code that's been in-place for years ... so I don't have any real interest in digging into that bowl of spaghetti. If there's a bug related - it should be resolved in a future version by the forum developer. Just FYI - we won't be making any code changes until well after the season is finished.

Thanks

-john