San Antonio Showdown

Some kudos to Corps performing today:

Spirit and Genesis are sharing a housing site today and when Genesis left for the dome, they gave Spirit some spice bread, cookies, and other goodies. Thank you!!!

A few shows ago, the Spirit food crew was trying to get the evening snack together as the members were returning from the show. The food truck (AKA "Peaches") had generator problems, but Colts volunteers stopped by and assisted. And, saved the day!!!

Thank you Genesis and Colts! :thumbup:/>/>

When it's all said and done "Drum Corps" is really family. Those kids out there performing their hearts out, the staffs working with little pay and all of us sitting here as a group watching and enjoying this event.

We may get snappy at each other but it really is Drum Corps blood that runs through our veins. :grouphug: Enough kumbaya, back to the competition!

• Like 1

Ok, well I really like Academy! More and more! And I do like the MC. I think he does an admirable job! :smile:/> oh......and now they're interviewing him!

Edited by POSITIVenrgy

I love Academy and the progress they have made but this pre show makes me sick! Lose the fake accent announcer. thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

I liked Lola way better than Frenchie.

Academy's show was fun, different and interesting. Jeez, they even sang " Pianoman " in tune, so it was fine.

Edited by BRASSO

Did the audience sing along this time? I might have in Denver, if I knew the words! Maybe they need to hold up cue cards.

As for the intro...in Denver I had a heck of a time finding him and Lola. I looked around, couldn't find who was talking, then looked up at the Jumbo Tron and saw there really was someone down there doing the acting. So then I looked for the cameraman and I finally found the actors. Even now that I know where they are, they are buried in all the pit and electronic equipment. So I think they need to re-think their staging. IMHO of course!!

So it's not really a French accent and not really a German one. :blink:/>