San Antonio Showdown

I cannot do that many corps again...sunburnt, TERRIBLE headache, and I hurt from those seats being too close to eachother!!! Full review tomorrow or Monday. Favorite was a tie between Crown, Troopers, and Vanguard.

Not to be pedantic, but how do you get sunburnt inside of a dome? I've only ever performed at that show, never watched it from the stands

Not sure if anyone said this but it looks like a lot of corps are paired into groups of 2... some I dont agree with.

Crown, BD

Phantom, Coats

Scouts, Cavies

Crossmen, Troopers

PC, Colts

OC, Mandarins

• Like 1

Its a trend with them....always at 4 step intervals, step size is always 8 to 5 or smaller.....nowhere near the difficulty of crown or cadets

I agree for the most part but I don't think their tubas would do well in some of the tight forms that BD does with the rest of the brass. Their follow the leader drill and mostly all other drill should incorporate the tubas but not their super close interval drill. Too easy for someone to get knocked in the head with a tuba jazz running to their dot.

Watched BK rehearse 10 - 1.

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't know if there were big Windows at the stadium I didn't remember

I doubt it. And if they are, then they don't deserve a title if they had that attitude.

less than 3 tenths of a spread is absolutely nothing here at this juncture. Nothing. Corps spreads can be a point and half away or so from another Corps and catch them at Semi's or Finals. 2 or 3 tenths is neither a time for hand wringing nor celebration for Corps this close in spreads. 2 or 3 tenths is nothing at all at this juncture.

Regiment was 0.8 down and in third place on Thursday night in 2008, 0.375 down and second on Friday, and 0.025 and in first on Saturday. 0.25 in July is nothing, if you think about it.

Garry in Vegas

And if DCI continues to ignore the fan base, what happens to ticket sales, merchandise sales, donations, etc.? I'm not at all calling conspiracy here, but the reality is the fan base ain't buying it...and the fan base has the $ that keeps this thing floating.

So you speak for the fan base? :blink:/>

My fan is old and the base is about to fall off........what should I do?

• Like 4

So you speak for the fan base? :blink:/>/>

My fan is old and the base is about to fall off........what should I do?

Duct tape. Always the answer

Had a great time at the show-- it's been four years since I've been able to go. Way too long... [Thanks again, Crown Phan, for the two tickets!]

I was impressed by everyone; so much talent all around. I would've had the top three as Crown > Cadets > BD. And, yes, Crown's hornline is ridiculous; one if the best I've heard. My other fav's were Regiment, SCV and Scouts. (It almost seemed like Regiment was holding out a bit on Nimrod. Which needs a kick halt, BTW.) I also liked Crossmen's show and think they still have a shot at Finals. (And it was cool to see Bones.)