Dear SCV

I'm going to be that annoying DCPer: ^^^^ THIS. (except for the movie part - :tongue: )

I love the show concept, the drill, the arranging, the lush brass, the smokin' hot drums, the guard. Everything. The flags are like fireworks from behind the panels in back, and it's a blast to watch. I can't wait to see it again on the big screen during quarters and on Fan Network often between now and then.

I am lucky enough to see them live twice this year. July 30th at dublin ohio. And finals night.

To the staff and members of the Santa Clara Vanguard:

Pure joy!

Thank you for being THAT corps again!

Chuck Naffier

Drum Corps Fan

Well said, old friend.

I keep saying... like "Ballet For Martha", d### the scores and placements... this is my favorite show of the year. Got a HUGE crowd response in Austin. (Just don't make the ending so abrupt cool.gif ).

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

Can't wait to see it live!! Count me as a huge fan of the stage show, a big fan of how Cadets treated it in 89, a good fan of the movie, and a moderate fan of Boston's treatment (remember their brass writer saying something about there not being enough material for a drum corps show??). :lookaround:

• Like 1

Absolutely love this show this year! After I saw it for the first time at TOC in Dekalb, IL, the first thought that came to my mind was how much of a throwback show it is - people know the music, and arrangements done in such a way where they still know the music :)

This is not in any way a knock on any other corps - just a comment that it is great seeing a show again that is easy to relate to (and performed very well).

• Like 1

Would love to see this show medal. Hoping they can clean, and be rewarded for it. Perhaps more than any other corps, however, they seem to be 'slotted' solidly in 4th.

Would love to see this show medal. Hoping they can clean, and be rewarded for it. Perhaps more than any other corps, however, they seem to be 'slotted' solidly in 4th.

Yeah 4th, I don't care, SCV always a great show, always classy, SCV is why I go to drum corps baby!

• Like 2

cannot wait to see this live in 2 weeks