Alumni Corps Jackets

GrewvyG2

Looking for suggestions on places to order jackets for our alumni corps. Wondering what some of the other corps are doing.

Looking for suggestions on places to order jackets for our alumni corps. Wondering what some of the other corps are doing.

Our jackets are produced local so thet we can place orders as we get a cost effective order together, sometimes as small an order of 6 or 8,............biggest suggestion I can give is make sure the first run includes getting copies of the set up, (which you will probably pay for) i.e. the digital files needed to produce the item,........then if you need to, you can go elsewhere without getting charged a set up fee, and/or risk future continuity issues,.......

Edited by Gary Matczak

I'm wondering about the style and/or type of jackets corps are using. Lined or unlined, type of collar, hooded? Solid color or two or three colors, nylon, cotton, or some type of blend? Similar to DCI jackets, varsity type, or windbreaker? Any input would be great.

Thanks Gary!

Our jackets are produced local so thet we can place orders as we get a cost effective order together, sometimes as small an order of 6 or 8,............biggest suggestion I can give is make sure the first run includes getting copies of the set up, (which you will probably pay for) i.e. the digital files needed to produce the item,........then if you need to, you can go elsewhere without getting charged a set up fee, and/or risk future continuity issues,.......

• 3 weeks later...

Most Sporting Goods stores that carry team apparel should able help you out.Thats what we did.As far as being lined,hoods etc.you have to take into consideration what does the Corps do in the fall?

Up here in southern Ontario we do a lot of Santa Claus parades from mid Nov-mid Dec. Our jackets are NOT lined but the nylon breaks the wind and retains body heat nicely. We do however !layer up" underneath if needed.

Going to a local sportin goods store is the best bet ,If your corps colours are that of a MLB thats even better ,Long Island Sunrisers jackets are METS jackets .the frist uniform pants for the Sunrisers where usher's pants from the Shea Statuim home to the METS .So if your lucky enought to have a Sports Team that uses your Corps Colours you got a done deal with out all the expence

• Like 1

I ran a Grade School Drum and Glock Corps in my kids school for 14 years We used baseball pants but asked the manufacturer NOT to hem them with elastic as we wanted them with a straight leg so we could hem them.

They worked GREAT! They already had the stripe in them and looked sharp and were light weight easy to take care off and we could ALWAYS get them.

• Like 1

I was a corps director for an alumni corps and we had two styles of jackets that we had, and used depending on the season. One was a lightly lined nylon windbreaker, with the corps name/logo silk screened on the back. Anyone that does silk screen printing for t-shirts, etc. should be able to produce these. They also had a contact that was able to embroider a name on the front breast pocket area for a small additional charge, but that was a separate deal. IIRC, these jackets cost +/-$25. The second was a much heavier wool, lined "varsity-style" jacket with the corps name and logo embroidered on the back, and the option for the members name and section to be embroidered on one sleeve if desired. These cost in the neighborhood of +/-$90. One of our members had worked with a local sporting goods store to order these same type of jackets for their high school athletes and they worked with us to get these. The winter jackets could be "earned" by members participating in various fund raising activities and parades/performances, or purchased outright. I would also check with souvie people at any shows you attend and ask them if they would be willing to share contact info. for their suppliers.

I can help you out, just shoot me an email of what your looking for.