Allentown 2013

Interesting--OC had a penalty. Time?

Yes, 0.5, which didn't affect placements even compared to the first night's scores. OC's show, with the pre-show, is so carefully programmed and is maximized to the available time that the brief trouble with cabling this evening put it over the top. Nothing likely to repeat itself, I imagine. Without the penalty it would've actually been OC's highest world class score ever (last year WC semis was 77.45).

Phil

Also, my thought that perhaps the Cavaliers can get past Bluecoats by Finals has been renewed.

If it's gonna happen, it will happen on Tuesday.

Yes, 0.5, which didn't affect placements even compared to the first night's scores. OC's show, with the pre-show, is so carefully programmed and is maximized to the available time that the brief trouble with cabling this evening put it over the top. Nothing likely to repeat itself, I imagine. Without the penalty it would've actually been OC's highest world class score ever (last year WC semis was 77.45).

Phil

I think someone reported it was a stadium problem. If so, don't know why it counted against the Corps. Oh, well....

We'll see. The smug gets awfully thick this time of year.

One week left, everything is going to get weird with spreads and placements.

You got that right.....and despite my obvious pleasure at this outcome tonight....this is far from over. We've been here before.

But come on Bone....how about some props for your buds across the bay?

Are tonight's scores supposed to be comparable to last night's scores?

1) it depends on whether or not judges were instructed by the Head Judge/DCI to compare both nights when thinking of scores

2) with the same panel judging same captions both nights, IMO this is as close as it gets to comparing scores/rankings from two different nights

3) on the other hand, there are some factors to consider that don't necessarily make the comparison absolute apples to apples:

* A judge might be in a different mindset from Friday to Saturday: maybe he's in a better mood one day and grumpy in another, or any number of other seemingly non-important factors that can become legit factors when we're talking about humans (yeah, I'm kinda stretching it a little, but it's still a thought to consider).

* Also, show dynamics still come into play. Not only is it easier to compare Crown v BD v Cadets v SCV when seeing them back-back-back-back rather than 24 hours apart, but numbers management still comes into play a little bit. For example, going from Cavaliers to Crown is pretty easy to formulate spreads, but wither everyone at same show at same time it could make those spreads even closer.

But, if DCI explicitly instructed the judges to rank/rate both nights together, then this is indeed fair game to compare scores w/Friday night

• Like 1

My guess for Saturday:

1. 95.25 Carolina Crown
  2. 94.9 Blue Devils
  3. 88.1 Cavaliers
  4. 88 Boston Crusaders
  5. 87.8 Madison Scouts
  6. 87.3 Blue Knights
  7. 83.25 Crossmen
  8. 80.55 Pacific Crest
  9. 77.4 Oregon Crusaders
  10. 73.1 Jersey Surf
  11. 70.5 Pioneer
  12. 70.25 Cascades
  13. 63.85 INT (hot dog corps)

Great Predictions. Especially your spreads. And you were spot on with crossmen's score!!

If it's gonna happen, it will happen on Tuesday.

At Massilon? The Pro Football HoF drum corps show? When the HoF is in Canton, where the Bluecoats are based out of? If there's a point it's going to happen, I will never place any money that a corps will be surpassed at their home show.

I just can't win tonight. Inadvertently annoy a Bluecoats fan in one point, say that I think there's no way they'll lose a placement at their home show in another, still have the same result. :thumbdown:/>

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba
  • Like 1

A lot of boos when Crown was announced in second followed by a standing ovation for their drum majors. I mean a lot of boos.

• Like 1

You got that right.....and despite my obvious pleasure at this outcome tonight....this is far from over. We've been here before.

But come on Bone....how about some props for your buds across the bay?

We'll see. :p if they win next week, I will congratulate them. Hopefully everyone can stay civil and respectful no matter the result, but I'm not holding my breath considering it's dcp. Will probably be a giant cluster of angry and smug people all in the same place