Buffalo Wing Championships

I know, right? I had to go back and watch the hi cam for several ends of performances. They totally missed SCV's last push and the "wormhole" in Crown's show. I was so ticked I actually yelled at my computer...

sound crapped out after Phantom too...low volume and reverb from the stadium that were not issues for the first two corps...very poor streaming last night...Finals better be alot better

Crown and pointed in drums and still ties BD. there is a small sliver of hope yet

nah the weird caption scores in guard etc skewed it

As was already mentioned, this was a stadium crew; experienced in providing only noise (football, audience, commentators), not a drum corps showcase. The finals production team will most assuredly provide a far more satisfying experience.

This turned out to be stunningly huge error in the decisions made for this episode of the TOC series... which I suspect (I really don't know) was made by the TOC organizers, not the DCI organizers.

My feedback to the Fan Network support (I withheld my actual opinions, which would not be suitable for reposting):

"As many others I'm sure have already done, I'd like to file a complaint about the embarrassing quality of the Buffalo TOC shows on Fan Network last night. The audio was terrible and the multi-cam was by far the worst I've ever seen. THEY ENDED CROWN'S SHOW WITH A SHOT OF SOMEONE'S CROTCH FOR GOD'S SAKE! Not the final sets of drill, not the finishing "crown"...the timpanist's crotch!

If DCI was a for profit enterprise, I'd demand my money back. However, since they are a non-profit group that I (generally) wholeheartedly support, I'll refrain from asking for my money back.

I'm sure you've lost potential viewers from the finals online broadcast, even though I'm aware that it will not be the same audio/video crew."

Anyone confused yet? Going to be interesting on Thursday.

Blue Devils and especially Cadets all have memorable percussion spots in the show...crowns is just there in my opinion

There's a huge battery feature about halfway through the show, while the brass is running around and the four singers are counting on the sidelines. Also, some sweet battery drill at the end of the feature. True that it doesn't overpower from the rest of the music with 10,000 flams per second. :tongue:

• Like 1