Open Class Finals

All 14 corps from Monday's Open Class Semifinals will perform at the Open Class World Championship Finals Tuesday, Aug. 6 in Michigan City, Ind.

Since Taipei Yuehfu competes as an International Class corps, 13 corps will advance to the Finals competition on Tuesday, seeded in reverse order of Semifinals finish. The corps not advancing from the Semifinals, Blue Saints, will also have the opportunity to perform Tuesday in exhibition.

Open Class World Championship Finals

Ames Field, Michigan City, IN

Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2013

5:00 PM – Gates Open

6:00 PM – Blue Saints (exhibition)

6:17 PM – Racine Scouts

6:34 PM – Les Stentors

6:51 PM – Taipei Yuehfu (International Class)

7:08 PM – Colt Cadets

7:25 PM – Raiders

7:42 PM – Legends

7:59 PM – Gold

8:16 PM – Intermission (17 minutes)

8:33 PM – 7th Regiment

8:50 PM – Spartans

9:07 PM – Music City

9:24 PM – Genesis

9:41 PM – Blue Devils B

9:58 PM– Vanguard Cadets

10:24 PM – Awards Ceremony

Anyone going to OC finals? Any chance of on-site updates? I'd love to go. Talking my father-in-law into it might be tough.

In the meantime, chat it up!

Garry in Vegas (but in Chicago in about 10 hours)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could be there.

Good luck to ALL the performers. Give everyone a GREAT show.

It doesn't matter where anyone ends up tonight, ALL of Open Class deserves a Standing O.

Will anyone be able to give a live review?

On a side note, just heard Raiders will be going to Indy. Great news.

• Like 2

I'm happy for Les Stentors and Racine, but it's ridiculous that almost every single Open Class corps made finals! The meaning of that milestone is gone now. Either they need to limit the number of finalists to 8 or 10 or (preferably) do something to get more Open Class corps off the ground and in touring shape. It wasn't too long ago that Open Class needed three shows, and I know everyone wants it to be that way again.

• Like 3

So if it rains, do they delay the show, or just go with the Prelims results?

On another note, wasn't it 2009 where they did Open Class FInals week at the dome as well? Might not be the worst idea in the world, because poor weather during this week has been a trend since at least 08.

Go SCVC! Bring it home!

On another note, wasn't it 2009 where they did Open Class FInals week at the dome as well? Might not be the worst idea in the world, because poor weather during this week has been a trend since at least 08.

Go SCVC! Bring it home!

I remember hearing it became too expensive to rent the dome for the extra 2 days.

That's why they moved Open Class to Michigan City.

Go SCVC! Bring it home!

in 2011, Pre-lims got rained out - so they just did Finals. For those looking to edge out others, it was a no go and finals placement I'm pretty sure was the same from the focus show. I'm not sure if they would delay or reschedule finals...probably not because it's Open Class and DCI doesn't really care about them.