Santa Clara's Flag Code Disrespect

Legitimate question by the OP, not a slam on SCV but a question. Thank you to all that added insightful and/or funny comments. As to those that just let us know that this was really the worst thread ever on DCP or that a Drum Corps Planet question does not merit a being asked......why did you take the time to respond? This is a discussion forum, not a place for you to tell other to sit down and shut up.

Which question though? Here are the questions asked in the OP after this statement: "However, the question remains concerning Santa Clara's use of the French national tricolors as a flash flag which is tossed and spun during Les Mis."

"Should there be penalties assessed?

Ought not SCV have the same respect???

What if it were, let's say, the Dutch corps or Twaiwanese spinning an actual American flag?

Would not sensitivities demand better T&P judging rather than the judge practicing hand signals to the judging box with his grandchild on the track?

Professional standards for an international championship?

Respect the standards of every nation, no SCV???"

Every single question asked was asked based on an assumption. With two regarding SCV showing disrespect. It would of been so much easier just to ask, "Are the tricolor French Flags used in SCV's show regulation flags?" The question would of been answered/discussed, and that would of been the end of it. The only thing I know for sure is that the corps would obviously not mean to show disrespect.

Edited by FeathersUp

They start by firing red, then white, then blue flags from behind the wall. Fireworks like it is. Then they combine all colors, then a short delay, then this toss:

IMG_0521.jpg

Aha! What I imagined was endzone to endzone flags appears to be 20 to 20. My vision is rotten. Thank you for the visual evidence. Now, I will crawl back into the sewers.

I think it could be an excellent learning opportunity for corps members to ensure that elements of their show wouldn't be considered disrespectful by some. Further, I am confident that the staff and members of SCV would NOT do what so many posters here are doing and simply respond by calling the OP an idiot, and even purposely insult the country in question as so many here seem to be enjoying doing.

It's Drum Corps International - part of that is taking the extra effort to ensure that other cultures are treated respectfully, rather than being snarky and assuming we can do no wrong.

• Like 5

This thread is hilarious. A while back there was a thread that I started giving Jersey Surf props for taking a day off of tour to do cleanup work in Jersey. It got a few views and comments, but nothing NEAR the (faux) outrage of this thread. DCP are some funny peeps.

• Like 1

I think it could be an excellent learning opportunity for corps members to ensure that elements of their show wouldn't be considered disrespectful by some. Further, I am confident that the staff and members of SCV would NOT do what so many posters here are doing and simply respond by calling the OP an idiot, and even purposely insult the country in question as so many here seem to be enjoying doing.

It's Drum Corps International - part of that is taking the extra effort to ensure that other cultures are treated respectfully, rather than being snarky and assuming we can do no wrong.

BINGO!!! Very well said......

This is just truly one of the most idiotic posts of this season to try to slam SCV...It really takes the cake...or should I say Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.

If you think for a second this is the most idiotic post of the season....you haven't been out here much.

BTW...taking time to respond to a post that one feels is the most idiotic...what do we call that?

If you think for a second this is the most idiotic post of the season....you haven't been out here much.

BTW...taking time to respond to a post that one feels is the most idiotic...what do we call that?

I guess my response was a bit over-dramatic...Besides I had nothing better to do tonight other than ride my motorcycle...and btw I read these forums daily all year...just don't always log-in to post...thanks.

I guess my response was a bit over-dramatic...Besides I had nothing better to do tonight other than ride my motorcycle...and btw I read these forums daily all year...just don't always log-in to post...thanks.

:guinesssmilie:

If Mr. Dicarlo is sooo busy babysitting his grandson then DCI should replace him and have someone who will do the job and not spend his time babysitting! (There is NO REASON that a young child around 5 years old should be on the field if they are not part of a competing corp)

actually the kid did a great job of mimicing Tony. I know many people in the crowd thought it was awesome.

and hey....they made us fly over them to bomb Libya. Payback's a #####