Why No TOC Cup Winner Coverage on DCI.org ...

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that there was absolutely no coverage of the TOC finale or Champions Cup winner Carolina Crown on DCI.org ....

yet there is a photo gallery and a feature on the Open Class Championships and winner Vanguard Cadets.

I contacted DCI and asked why this was the case and I was directed to their "social media sites" ... twitter, Facebook etc.

What's the point of having a dedicated site (allegedly) for the entire activity if the content of that site is not inclusive.

I wonder if this is some sort of attempt by DCI to slight the TOC corps ... if not why no coverage?

• Like 3

Yeah, it's not really a secret that the TOC was a grudging compromise on DCI's part. I do wonder, however, if the lack of season-long coverage is a quiet indicator of more troubles to come.

Mike

I would suspect that, if season-long coverage were in DCI's or TOC's plan, it would have been negotiated at the time when MiM was shelved. Which also leads me to question how much of the Buffalo Buffoonery was really part of DCI's obligation.

I wonder how much of "TOC Cup" coverage was negotiated when the whole G7/TOC thing got hashed out. I've lost track of the time line, but I do know TOC was a compromise between the G7 and DCI, and I don't think DCI should give any additional coverage or help than they agreed to in the beginning.

The continuing TOC details will be hashed out in the off season, and I"m sure if the G7 wants front page news on DCI.org, they will make it a negotiating point. I still feel we will fall somewhere between DCI telling the G7 to get in line or get out, or the G7 telling DCI they are gone. Most likley we'll fall close to this season's agreement, but I'm rooting for the DCI taking charge route.

Edited by jonnyboy