Why No TOC Cup Winner Coverage on DCI.org ...

I thought I saw something posted by DCI on CC's win along with a pic of them holding the cup. I don't think it stayed up long.

Looks like they only posted on FB:

Edited by JKT90

And I wouldn't call it "great and continuing coverage of Open Class Championships" either. There was no live webcast, no live blog, and no video on demand of ANY Open Class shows this year at all besides championships. If anything DCI needs to get it together and start paying attention to DCIs truly dying class, Open class.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

The TOC is no different than DCI was back in the 1970"s when they started.They thumbed their noses at drum corps and picked their 12 top corps and screw everyone else. Now the tables have turned and DCI is feeling what everyone else felt years ago. Not that I condone this but I see no reason right now why both can't somehow work together. Maybe the activity will benefit from both, maybe not. Time will tell.

• Like 1

I would suspect that, if season-long coverage were in DCI's or TOC's plan, it would have been negotiated at the time when MiM was shelved. Which also leads me to question how much of the Buffalo Buffoonery was really part of DCI's obligation.

If by Buffalo Buffoonery you mean the poor quality of the webcast, I had that thought as well, but it may backfire a bit on DCI because some people are more aware of the problems Fan Network has had this year and may be more reluctant to pony up 70 bills for something that may freeze up as it did in Buffalo. Of course only a small percentage of drum corps fans hang out here, so many potential customers may not be aware of the issues.

If by Buffalo Buffoonery you mean the poor quality of the webcast, I had that thought as well, but it may backfire a bit on DCI because some people are more aware of the problems Fan Network has had this year and may be more reluctant to pony up 70 bills for something that may freeze up as it did in Buffalo. Of course only a small percentage of drum corps fans hang out here, so many potential customers may not be aware of the issues.

I can't disagree with your logic, but your result is misplaced, I think. Those of us here who experienced the Buffalo broadcast now know that the stadium crew was doing A/V, and at finals we'll have the penultimate professionals doing A/V: Tom Blair Productions.

If I weren't going to Indy I'd absolutely pony up the $70 to watch finals based only on the knowledge that Blair's crew will be doing A/V.

• Like 2