Bluecoats get some publicity and controversy in New Jersey

This comment, in particular, is sort of infuriating:

"Maybe you can find some college kids with clothes on who are building a house for Habitat for Humanity? I'm sure they are around."

On the other hand, here's a lesson in not taking for granted what, in our community of band weirdos, seems like completely normal behavior (because it is.)

And you folks see nothing wrong with shorts that are short to begin with, rolled up to look practically thong-like?

You can be outraged but there's a kernel of truth here. As a father of two college-age daughters, there is some dress in these pics I would have a problem with if they were wearing it.

It's hot? Not much of an excuse.

I find it somehow ironic that the first advertisement that pops up when I visit the site is for Victoria's Secret. :ph34r:

• Like 3

The Star-Ledger could have saved itself some grief if the photographer had invested a bit more time in talking to some of the staff to get some basic 5W information, and had an editor reviewed the gallery before posting it.

Local news photogs are told to look for local features, and this poor guy hit the jackpot -- a world-class drum corps tearing up the local school field where the most exciting thing that usually happens is Saturday-morning kiddie soccer. Too bad for him that he ran into something that your average subscriber to the Star-Ledger doesn't even know exists, let alone understands.