Bluecoats get some publicity and controversy in New Jersey

Some woman was screeching about similar photos Cadets put on their Facebook earlier in the summer. She said she knew for a fact that the best thing to wear during rehearsal was "cotton clothing."

That would be fantastic if you want to be covered head-to-toe in rash and carry around 10 additional lbs of sodden fabric weight...

Hopefully none of these sensitive souls watched the men's diving in the last Olympics - hours of continuous, non-stop wardrobe malfunction. :w00t:

• Like 2

Geez, what's with all the :mat:/> comments? It makes me feel like :wall:/>

I get why it happens, I just think the people who are not knowledgeable about what our activity is all about leap to some pretty absurd ideas of what is actually going on. Then again, the person who posted the pictures could have been a bit more judicious about what they put there. Sigh...

I guess any publicity is better than no publicity, right?

If there pictures were taken here:

tropical-beach-wallpaper-1920x1200.jpg

this would be a non-issue.

Actually if those pictures were taken at this location, the kids would probably be praised for covering up and being more modest than the other beach-goers!

• Like 2

And you folks see nothing wrong with shorts that are short to begin with, rolled up to look practically thong-like?

You can be outraged but there's a kernel of truth here. As a father of two college-age daughters, there is some dress in these pics I would have a problem with if they were wearing it.

It's hot? Not much of an excuse.

I LOVES me some drum corps tan!

Really, Dad, you trust your daughters, right? They'll make good decisions, right?

"How to pack a drum corps suitcase:

#6, knee-length shorts and t-shirts in case some photog from a local paper shows up."

Really?

• Like 1

Some woman was screeching about similar photos Cadets put on their Facebook earlier in the summer. She said she knew for a fact that the best thing to wear during rehearsal was "cotton clothing."

Heh. When I hiked the Appalachian Trail, a standard joke was that "cotton is death".

• Like 2

I LOVES me some drum corps tan!

Really, Dad, you trust your daughters, right? They'll make good decisions, right?

"How to pack a drum corps suitcase:

#6, knee-length shorts and t-shirts in case some photog from a local paper shows up."

Really?

Modesty is a good decision in my opinion. We're all entitled to our opinions, right? Celebrate my diversity! I probably stand alone in my opinion on this.

• Like 2

I see people in everyday life dressed even worse and no one cares at all!

I can only imagine what the shocked and horrified readers would say if they knew what blasphemies SCV was committing with a pseudo French flag while wearing the same scandalous outfits...

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DCP Summer 2013 has been a great one for hilariously righteous outrage! Thanks for the laughs!

• Like 2