I KNEW this was coming.

The Cadets are selling off their 2013 stuff. No biggie...if you have $789.00, you can buy a tower! ($650.00 for one actually used in shows---I would find this more valuable, but...)

They are also selling guard equipment: the Loop, the Hook, the Bolt. Here's the clincher: "Gone are the implements of war such as the sabre and rifle..."

"Implements of war?" Are you kidding me?

Beneath, they offer an ad selling horns: "Play what the Cadets play." Say somebody buys a tuba and uses it to whack somebody. How could the organization LIVE with itself? (We non-PC, NRA-worshiping, Ted Nugent obeyists always say, "Tubas don't kill people; people kill people.")

Have yet to hear of a rash of killing sprees carried out with low brass instruments, but ya' never know I guess.

Look, I agree with you that it's overly PC, but Hopkins said they were getting rid of the traditional rifle and saber in the preseason for this same reason. It's one corps director's stance. I wouldn't worry the world is coming to an end because of it.

• Like 3

The irony in this of course, is that the most recent title won by the Cadets had a theme about the most fundamental of "conflicts" and like it or not, the weapon that "offed" the PR DM in 08 was not a piece of PVC pipe.

• Like 3

The Cadets are selling off their 2013 stuff. No biggie...if you have $789.00, you can buy a tower! ($650.00 for one actually used in shows---I would find this more valuable, but...)

They are also selling guard equipment: the Loop, the Hook, the Bolt. Here's the clincher: "Gone are the implements of war such as the sabre and rifle..."

"Implements of war?" Are you kidding me?

Beneath, they offer an ad selling horns: "Play what the Cadets play." Say somebody buys a tuba and uses it to whack somebody. How could the organization LIVE with itself? (We non-PC, NRA-worshiping, Ted Nugent obeyists always say, "Tubas don't kill people; people kill people.")

Do you think GH will next propose to remove "execution" from DCI scoring sheets? What will Phantom, I mean Regiment do?:cool:/>

• Like 2

Thank God the Cadets have purged all that military symbolism from their... on second thought, never mind.

I concur. I fully expect them to abandon the militaristic "cadet" style uniform next.

I'm finding the sheer stupidity and political correctness of the general populous to be almost unbearable to live with. The trouble is, it's never one isolated incident, rather the creeping, cumulative effect that erodes what used to be common sense.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 6

This whole activity started out as a part of war. Drummers giving cadences to help move the troops, etc. Whatever, just play some good music, play it well, and play it loud enough to blow my face off!

• Like 5