2013 Attendance numbers are out

Almost 40,000 during the 3 days...sounds like a great number to me.

Edited by kaseyW

2.6% attendance growth from 2012 is not great, but it is growth none-the-less.

Better than going backwards, at least.

I will suggest that the revenues resulting from this attendance is more important than the BITS, but we won't know those numbers for another 18 months or so...

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

I wonder how many people purchased the finals stream?

A couple of things to consider:

1. They have 20,000 paid at finals, a sizable increase (17,000 in 2012). This despite the availability of a Finals Webcast. Now, to be sure, they announced the webcast pretty late in the game, and I doubt many folks who were already planning on attending live would have canceled their plans to watch on the web, but it remains a factor.

2. Directly from the article, "A significant portion of the additional audience for finals can be attributed directly to a sizable increase in local Indiana residents attending the event." This could somewhat financially troubling, if only because Indy residents were offered VERY deeply discounted tickets.

That said, it was nice to see a pretty full house on Saturday night. I wonder if the alternatives (Fan Network, Theater) are big reasons for the drops in QF and Semis, or if 3 straight nights and nearly 30 hours of corps shows is a bit of an overload.

2. Directly from the article, "A significant portion of the additional audience for finals can be attributed directly to a sizable increase in local Indiana residents attending the event." This could somewhat financially troubling, if only because Indy residents were offered VERY deeply discounted tickets.

Or it could be promising: more locals could mean more return customers next season. Discounted tickets or no, customers through the turnstiles means money spent on tickets and probably money spent at concessions and/or souvies: money likely not collected in previous years.

Or it could be promising: more locals could mean more return customers next season. Discounted tickets or no, customers through the turnstiles means money spent on tickets and probably money spent at concessions and/or souvies: money likely not collected in previous years.

Good point, that. Rereading my original response, it seemed to have a more negative vibe than I had hoped.

• Like 1