Corps Anthems?

Colts have "Morning" by Vox One

Video from finals week 2010, from the Ball State field house where the Colts and Colt Cadets stay during finals week:

Colt Cadets have "For Good" from Wicked, from their 2010 show when they first qualified for open class finals.

Do any of you non-Bayonners know the words to the Bridgemen's corps song?

I dare not print them...

• Like 1

Sometimes it depends on what you mean by the word "Anthem". There are Corps Songs and there are Mantras. The two are not always the same, although sometimes they can be. For example, the Cavs corps song is simply called "The Cavaliers" (sung to the melody of the Coast Guard anthem "Semper Peratus"- always prepared, but their mantra is "Over the Rainbow". BAC's corps song is "Giant" but their mantra is "Conquest". Contarily, the Troopers corps song is sung to the melody of "How the West was Won" but is also their mantra, or at least I think it is. Go figure. :smile:/>

Edited by Piper

Carolina Crown's is Carolina In My Mind.Not sure if they've ever played it, but they do sing it.

They have done it as part of their encores years ago but It's never been part of a show that I am aware of.

Do any of you non-Bayonners know the words to the Bridgemen's corps song?

I dare not print them...

Oh oh I do! (But I march there)

WE ARE THE WORST! (I can get away with that one, right?)

Suncoast's corps song was Greatest Love of All... Specifically the George Benson version (we were singing it lonnnnng before Whitney did)

Oh oh I do! (But I march there)

WE ARE THE WORST! (I can get away with that one, right?)

We hail from old Bayonne...

feels good, huh?

• Like 1

Sometimes it depends on what you mean by the word "Anthem". There are Corps Songs and there are Mantras. The two are not always the same, although sometimes they can be. For example, the Cavs corps song is simply called "The Cavaliers" (sung to the melody of the Coast Guard anthem "Semper Peratus"- always prepared, but their mantra is "Over the Rainbow". BAC's corps song is "Giant" but their mantra is "Conquest". Contarily, the Troopers corps song is sung to the melody of "How the West was Won" but is also their mantra, or at least I think it is. Go figure. :smile:/>/>

Uh boy... that was too much work...

Which one is "When a Man Loves a Woman" or "Legend" for BD?

I think there are Anthems (or corps songs) and songs made popular by the corps.

but...

The Cadets have sung The Holy Name Hymn continuously since 1937. It is sung at one tempo just prior to entering the field for competition, and a second entirely different tempo for moments of great import in Cadet History, Cadet Funerals, and generally speaking whenever Cadet Alumni and/or marching Cadets gather for a special occasion. It is considered to be one of the strongest connections between Cadets of different generations. You will seldom hear O Holy Name being sung, without seeing a lot of tears running down the faces of those singing it. It is a very, very powerful reaffirmation of Cadet continuity, and our belief in Cadet history, heritage, and values.

• Like 4