• Empire Statesmen
    • Cadets2
    • Fusion Core
    • Carolina Gold
    • Kilties
    • Connecticut Hurricanes
    • Bushwackers
    • Sunrisers

Having seen Cabs at a few shows this year, and Minnesota in Downingtown, I think Cabs have a real shot at catching Minnesota. I kind of expected to see more improvement and refinement from Minnesota Brass than I did in the recent video. The drum line is really good, but the drill and the brass are about where I remember it being in July. I saw Cabs last week in B-port and they are for real this year. They have made lots of obvious improvements from mid-season, where I don't really feel the same with the video of MB. Granted, a video is not the same as seeing and hearing it in person, so maybe my opinion will change at Pre-lims. But here's my guess for Top 4 as of now....

Bucs

Cabs

MB

Cadets2

I haven't seen Atlanta CV yet, so I'm holding off on guessing 5th. My feeling is that Empire will pull it off with some added spice that we all know will be there at Finals.

• Like 2

I'd take that video with a grain of salt! That perfoance was after an 8 hour rehearsal in 100+ heat! I'm sure they were pretty exhausted after that type of rehearsal. Word has it they had a great weekend of rehearsals are ready to make some noise this weekend!!

• Like 1

I don't know how things will end up exacly, but I think it will be tight in a lot of spots this year. Sun, Gold, Kilts and now it looks like Hurcs all fighting hard to get into Finals. CV, Fusion and Empire all looking to get into the elite Top 5. And then you have what looks like either a two corps battle for 2nd or a three corps battle for 1st, depending on who you talk to with Cabs, MB and Bucs. Personally I think it is the former. Bucs may not pull off a caption sweep, but they are strong in all areas again and I don't see anyone topping them this weekend.

The only two corps that seem somewhat slotted are Bush and C2, although with the right approach to the remaining time, who knows what C2 could do. I would say they have the most room to grow in the current top 5 ranked corps.

Having seen Cabs at a few shows this year, and Minnesota in Downingtown, I think Cabs have a real shot at catching Minnesota. I kind of expected to see more improvement and refinement from Minnesota Brass than I did in the recent video. The drum line is really good, but the drill and the brass are about where I remember it being in July. I saw Cabs last week in B-port and they are for real this year. They have made lots of obvious improvements from mid-season, where I don't really feel the same with the video of MB. Granted, a video is not the same as seeing and hearing it in person, so maybe my opinion will change at Pre-lims. But here's my guess for Top 4 as of now....

Bucs

Cabs

MB

Cadets2

I haven't seen Atlanta CV yet, so I'm holding off on guessing 5th. My feeling is that Empire will pull it off with some added spice that we all know will be there at Finals.

I'd take that video with a grain of salt! That perfoance was after an 8 hour rehearsal in 100+ heat! I'm sure they were pretty exhausted after that type of rehearsal. Word has it they had a great weekend of rehearsals are ready to make some noise this weekend!!

:ph34r:/>

I will concur with DeCellR8 here..Yeah, the Brass-inians looked a little pooped on Saturday night's dress run at "the Bank", but after having camp all day in that 100+ heat index - plus the work to load up and transport everything over to "The U" and about an hours worth of work on that field - with the exception of blowing the stands down - that was a pretty good run..I'm sure that if the weather is what is predicted, they won't have a problem getting fired up and energized for this weekend..

BTW - they went out and worked most of the day Sunday as well having moved to yet another facility..Air temp was somewhere in the mid 90's, heat index pushing 'a buck' (100)..AAAAAAAAAAAAH, Steak Sunday at camp..waiting to see the notorious "undie runthrough" in Annapolis...

Best of luck to everybody - this will probably be one to remember...and it ain't just because of the fight for the top.

Pat

• Like 2

Agreed! Can't wait

Didn't mean to be over critical. Like I said, watching a video isn't the same as seeing and hearing in person. I just guess I expected to see a really polished product like we are used to seeing from previous years this late into the season. I'm sure Brass is working hard and doing great. I'm also sure the other corps were sweating it out in the heat last weekend too. Should make for a great weekend in Annapo.

ph34r.gif/>

I will concur with DeCellR8 here..Yeah, the Brass-inians looked a little pooped on Saturday night's dress run at "the Bank", but after having camp all day in that 100+ heat index - plus the work to load up and transport everything over to "The U" and about an hours worth of work on that field - with the exception of blowing the stands down - that was a pretty good run..I'm sure that if the weather is what is predicted, they won't have a problem getting fired up and energized for this weekend..

BTW - they went out and worked most of the day Sunday as well having moved to yet another facility..Air temp was somewhere in the mid 90's, heat index pushing 'a buck' (100)..AAAAAAAAAAAAH, Steak Sunday at camp..waiting to see the notorious "undie runthrough" in Annapolis...

Best of luck to everybody - this will probably be one to remember...and it ain't just because of the fight for the top.

Pat

Funny that Buccaneers have the most votes for both first place and second place.

Also to be considered is that this year's MBI program is going to be a bit more difficult to clean than in years past, and they may be sacrificing some horn line endurance and ensemble sound with the more active drill. However, I still think that they are a lock for second.

Edited by VOReason

Also to be considered is that this year's MBI program is going to be a bit more difficult to clean than in years past, and they may be sacrificing some horn line endurance and ensemble sound with the more active drill. However, I still think that they are a lock for second.

Agree with you except for the word "lock". Likely, yes. But a lock? I don't think the Cabs would agree with this at all.

I like, no, LOVE the fact that there are real unknowns this year. MB is in a battle for not only 1st with Bucs, but for 2nd with Cabs as well. Cabs are not only trying to sneak up on MB, they are trying to stay ahead of a surging Cadets2. While these four corps are fighting it out, Atlanta CV is quietly going about their business, either ready to take down anyone in the 3rd or 4th place spot, or get caught from any of the mid-pack corps that come out and nail a great show.

We also have a real fight just to get into Finals on Sunday. How will the Kilts stack up once they go head to head with Sun? Can the Hurcs hold both of these corps off and stay in Finals?

Even the middle of the pack is pretty "unlocked", IMHO. CV, Fusion, Empire, Bush and Gold could end up in any order, 5th through 9th.

I've seen quite a number of Prelims over the years, and it gets said a lot, but this year, I think it is true. All the corps better come with their Big Guns blazing at Prelims, or they may find themselves in a spot they hadn't even thought possible a week ago, maybe even out of Finals. :blink:/> :thumbup:/>