Drum Corps 2014 - The State of the Activity

Yes, I remember this.

Well constructed. Though I find myself more supportive of the language used for the Performers sub caption than the Production caption.

with some of the details in the Production caption wouldnt a judge have to spend part of the performance analyzing the audience instead of the program? Or is the word audience in a more figurative sense and regardless of the literal crowd response on a given night a judge could say the show has high entertainment effect.

Interesting article, but I have a couple of comments:

1. I noticed that you never mentioned the words "Jersey Surf" in your post. You mention needing a VK, but apparently you don't realize that Surf is doing a lot of the things you mention in the article. Is this a case of "I want this, but I only care if this happens in the Top 6" that a lot of rants about DCI are really about?

2. How much are you willing to commit to make this happen? How much money are you willing to pay out of your own pocket and raise to offer to a corps (guaranteed) for them to follow your guidelines? Or do you believe that a corps like Bluecoats will read that and say "We've been doing this all wrong! Let's change our entire business plan based on a random blog post!" Without action, this is nothing but typical dcp.txt that the rest of the activity (rightly) ignores.

• Like 1