2013 DCA World Championships Prelims

So on an unrelated topic, it was fantastic to see DCA and the show sponsors reacting to some of the criticism and suggestions following last year's event. In particular was that they opened Gate C for entry, saving a long walk to the end zone gate. A little thing, perhaps, but a real quality of life improvement. I wish we could box up this facility and take it to Rochester.

Only if they do something about the ramp at the field entrance. That thing is brutal. :)

I said nothing of the sort. All I said was they didn't get the biggest crowd response of the night, mostly in response to IlianaLancer's post about MBI's crowd response. No big deal though. Splitting hairs about crowd reaction last night would be like arguing about the best craft beer at PJ Whelihan's. In the end it won't matter much because everyone was happy.

Heck, last night's prelims crowd was more responsive than many finals crowds I've seen over the last ten years.

Poorly worded, I just meant you said that the Bucs didn't get as much applause as a few other corps.

Poorly worded, I just meant you said that the Bucs didn't get as much applause as a few other corps.

Ah, right on. It's funny how some folks (not you) get worked up when others talk about the old applause meter. I think anyone in that crowd last night will attest to the fact that while different corps got different degrees and types of response, no corps was exactly starving for applause. Even the smaller corps early in the show, when the crowd was smaller, were lavished with applause.

Scratch that.

Edited by ChildrenOfAugmentation