Poll: Baritone Hearing Loss

RenegadeBaritone

19 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Baritone Hearing Loss

• None-I can still whispering about me in the next room
    • Minor-I usually go "huh?" once a day
    • Moderate-Mumbling...too many people mumble...
    • Severe-I can fall asleep in front of Renegades

HUH?  I guess I have lost a little hearing over the years. I think it's been all the LOUD baritone players I've stood next to - of course they are probably saying the same about me - LOL.  Still a rookie on this dam newsgroup - guess I have to much of a life. (8-]

I used to catch live music shows up to 5 times a month back in the day.  I started wearing ear plugs to rock concerts about four years ago.  I don't think my hearing has gone too far downhill, but I do get the ringing in the ears up to two hours after rock concerts if I don't wear ear plugs.

]:-)

Personally,I think drummers probably have more hearing loss than horns,but now there are good earplugs

Now,when I went to see Motorhead in 86,thats when I began to lose my hearing.lol

J

ScottWilt Posted on May 22 2002,17:03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am only 26, but I just failed a hearing test....

The reason Scott failed his hearing test is because I have to turn the volume up on the TV so loud, it drives everyone out of the room. I have played Baritone since 1959. I am currently in the process of getting hearing aids for both ears. I guess 8 years of working on jet fighters didn't help much either.

:sly:

Benny Wilt

Now,when I went to see Motorhead in 86,thats when I began to lose my hearing.lol

J

Motorhead just played San Francisco a few nights ago.  I could hear them 17 miles down the Peninsula.  :D

J

Motorhead just played San Francisco a few nights ago.  I could hear them 17 miles down the Peninsula.  :D

What????LOL

J :P

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't realized it until recently, but I think I have been afflicted with baritone hearing loss phenomenon. Wasn't there before when I spent most of my time on picc, but since I started playing baritone on a regular basis I've found myself saying "huh??" after almost everything someone says to me.